Ajarn.com

geo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate playing with the Big Boys, but I prefer the normal people. Regardless, the ajarn.com forum is currently not available. Wonder why...?

Edited by geo

I appreciate playing with the Big Boys, but I prefer the normal people. Regardless, the ajarn.com forum is currently not available. Wonder why...?

no offense, but ajarn.com caters for the bottom of the barrel. These are not normal people, normal people do not work for that kind of money.

I clear 3 figures and you...

Everybody his own business Geo, but ajarn.com is simply pathetic. I logged in two weeks ago and the backpackers there were discussing whether a teacher could chew chewing gum in class or not. It's that kind of level...

Cheers

Dutchy

I logged in two weeks ago and the backpackers there were discussing whether a teacher could chew chewing gum in class or not. It's that kind of level...

Cheers

Dutchy

Yes that is true and even I was amazed at that topic. And yet, I look about this forum and what do I see? Truly amazing topics. Can I have two girlfriends at the same time or the constantly repeated question as to why my BG/new love is refused her visa.

I do not see much of a difference.

I logged in two weeks ago and the backpackers there were discussing whether a teacher could chew chewing gum in class or not. It's that kind of level...

Cheers

Dutchy

Yes that is true and even I was amazed at that topic. And yet, I look about this forum and what do I see? Truly amazing topics. Can I have two girlfriends at the same time or the constantly repeated question as to why my BG/new love is refused her visa.

I do not see much of a difference.

That's true, there are some posters here of dubious level. To answer your earlier question, I'm not in the same business as you.

Cheers,

Dutchy

These are not normal people, normal people do not work for that kind of money.

I'm not sure what you mean.

What I'm sure is that if you work only for money, you will go nowhere.

In the majority of cases.

And this is why I admire teachers.

Without them, there would be no evolution.

And all this bullshit about their short hours and long holidays is just that, bullshit.

It is a very difficult and not rewarding job.

At least money wise.

But I guess they see their reward elsewhere.

And we are very fortunate to have them.

Now, we are in Thailand and I agree, some of the teachers are not teachers for the right reasons.

But is it the majority?

I do not think so,...

I clear 3 figures and you...

Everybody his own business Geo, but ajarn.com is simply pathetic. I logged in two weeks ago and the backpackers there were discussing whether a teacher could chew chewing gum in class or not. It's that kind of level...

Cheers

Dutchy

I am earning a measly 30k a month and hate my job, though I am shortly moving on. However, I do agree with Dutchy's comments as the last time I logged on to ajarn.com was a couple of weeks ago and I noticed that among the topics posted were...

WHAT CAME FIRST - THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG?

SHREK 2 - WHAT DID YOU THINK OF IT?

Not only that but with members using nicks like 'Ijustwannateach', I didn't really feel that that sort of pretention was my scene, despite doing the job that they all do, earning less than many of them and no doubt being in roughly the same age group.

Many of the posts were from people who still hadn't shaken off their student mentality and were all trying to morally out-do each other and using the anonymity of the forum to be who they thought they wanted to be.

That said, Bangkok Phil who appears to be the main moderator does have one of the best websites on Bangkok I have ever seen.

www.bangkokmouth.com

no offense, but ajarn.com caters for the bottom of the barrel. These are not normal people, normal people do not work for that kind of money.

English teachers / instructors in Bangkok are very important for the development of Thai people / students, we should appreciate that

They usually get a salary or monthly income between Baht 25,000 and Baht 40,000. Enough to live on in Bangkok, some even have a nice house and a car.

www.bangkokmouth.com & www.ajarn.com are both developed by Bangkok Phil, one of the most intelligent people around in this fair city.

The Forum on www.ajarn.com sometimes has some weird postings, but this happens on every public forum, including this one

We should stop looking down at people, whether they are Thai or English teachers

and we should stop judging people from their level of income.

The first two letters of the Thai language will give you the answer to that conundrum. GOR GAI = Chicken  ...  KOR KAI = Egg.    So now you know.

I rest my case. Dr PP gives it straight up...

A chick first...an egg would possibly follow!

/// DFW

These are not normal people, normal people do not work for that kind of money.

I'm not sure what you mean.

What I'm sure is that if you work only for money, you will go nowhere.

In the majority of cases.

And this is why I admire teachers.

Without them, there would be no evolution.

And all this bullshit about their short hours and long holidays is just that, bullshit.

It is a very difficult and not rewarding job.

At least money wise.

But I guess they see their reward elsewhere.

And we are very fortunate to have them.

Now, we are in Thailand and I agree, some of the teachers are not teachers for the right reasons.

But is it the majority?

I do not think so,...

The Funk Master himself, James Brown, said it, "Teachers have the hardest job in the world."