55-year-old man blames wet road after crashing his trailer truck in Sri Racha

webfact

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yes, it's concrete and looks quite "polished".

Sure a surface that needs caution when wet.

On the other hand: it's a very busy highway #4 and how many flew off the road yesterday?

I don't normally relate personal anecdote, but a few years a back on the main road back from That, I put my vehicle into 4WD as it had rained heavily after a long dry period. Om coming round a bend I saw several picks parked on the central reservation and the grass verge - a lot of people wandering about. At first I thought it was some sort of market or meeting. My vehicle had actually drifted slightly and I then realised what was going on - It dawned on me that all these trucks had just slid off the road. 

Realising I was being followed by friends in 2 more trucks, I phoned back to tell them what was happening - They answered they had already seen it and counted nearly 20 vehicles.

The substandard road surfaces on so many roads Thailand may look OK in the dy but they can get smoothed too, but the real problem it they hold oil and grease toothier surfaces and after rain can become skating rinks

Edited by Thunglom

15 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

usually they blame brake failure, this one had a new idea blaming the wet road ..... never blame themselves for their poor or non existing driving skills

The issue is Thailand's road safety policies - which ignore every aspect of road safety.

The excuses you mention are result of various things that need correcting.

In making excuses, the situation is the police aren't trained to deal with RTAs or the legal ramifications.

There are no effective and constant checks on road vehicles so many are running in a dangerous condition.

Driver training is poor but on the job road safety training is even worse.

Road construction is appalling and this is a major industrial area.

Drivers ae paid a pittance so the drivers you get are usually very uneducated and low caliber.

trying to nail an accident down to a single issue is pointless and any police reports are usually just a joke.

Jack-knifes are common all over the world and trying to draw a single inference about Thai road safety by citing individual incidents is just not the way to go.

13 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

If that were true these trucks would be crashing every time it rained.........Oh! Wait......

If "what" were true? - However, as you say - In actual fact vehicles do crash more in rain, but not just in Thailand.

What makes it more likely in Thailand is a combination of various factors - the most obvious being the poor quality of roads and road surfaces.

Edited by Thunglom
  • Like 1