Visa for USA

I'm planning on going back home for a month to the USA with my girlfriend and son. My girlfriend needs a visa, I talked to someone in the US about the process, she told me that my girlfriend needs to come on a tourist visa, and say she is going alone because if she says she's coming with me and our son it will almost surly be denied.  Also she gave me a list of things she needs to present at the interview to help with getting the visa. But her problem is she doesn't really have any of those things.

She doesn't own any land or home

She has no vehicles in her name

She has a job at a restaurant but is paid in cash monthly so has no proof of income statements

Anybody have any experience with this?  any agents that could help?

She really needs to be able to come, our son will only be 1 so if she can't get her visa, no way i could take him with me.

This is from the past couple of years, not 10 years ago for a GF Tourist Visa:

Unlike here, an agent can do literally nothing to assist you with a U.S. Visa.

They pre screen/pre determine these type Visa's she really will not be given any type of interview. Maybe, she will be asked why she wants to go to the U.S., that is about it.

My experience and the experience of several of my friends, is that she will be denied.

They will toss a piece of paper at her saying with no reason given she was denied, but can try again at a later time.  If she tries to ask questions they will not answer.

Good luck, but I bet it will be very impersonal if not out right rude treatment and interaction.  From several reports I have received over the past few years,  the U.S. embassy/consulates here should be ashamed at their treatment specifically of Thai females who want to visit their country.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

Guest Isaanlife
30 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They pre screen/pre determine these type Visa's she really will not be given any type of interview. Maybe, she will be asked why she wants to go to the U.S., that is about it.

My experience and the experience of several of my friends, is that she will be denied.

They will toss a piece of paper at her saying with no reason given she was denied, but can try again at a later time.  If she tries to ask questions they will not answer.

Good luck, but I bet it will be very impersonal if not out right rude treatment and interaction.  From several reports I have received over the past few years,  the U.S. embassy/consulates here should be ashamed at their treatment specifically of Thai females who want to visit their country.

This is absolutely correct.

An agent may promise you the world, because once they have your money you are screwed; but they cannot deliver.

In her current standing, she is 100% certain to be denied.

The embassy will look at her as having no valid reason for her to return to Thailand.

5 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Excellent post! There are many, many posts on "How to get GF a visa for the US"  but I have yet to see one that addresses the treatment of the applicants. Good on you and you are correct, embassy staff should be ashamed of how they treat some applicants. 

Some of the girls/women have only been coached on how the interview goes. Some are very timid, shy, scared, nervous, nonconfrontational and very passive. They may truly not understand what they are in for but do have the courage to proceed. 

My GF was scared and nervous at her first interview. Yes, she was denied and asked no questions. Like you say, a likely answer would have been vague/general and of no help.

bkk6060 is correct in that most application approvals/denials are pre-determined prior to the interview. I have confirmed this with a CBP supervisor. The Consulate works on a quota system. Many times quality applicants are denied and those not of good quality are approved.

My GF received her first visa after the third interview and she had all the necessary documentation of assets and work history. Reason to return to Thailand. However, I was required to provide an employment contract/verification that I worked/resided outside of the US the majority of the year. 

She is now on her second visa, 10 year multi entry, granted by the US Consulate in Laos. I have stated this same position/advice in a few posts. Apply at the Consulate in Laos. We know of more than a few applicants that have been granted 10 year visas from this Consulate.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a chance for a tourist visa for your gf. 

Waste of 165$ to try. 

I haven't heard the interviewers are rude and I know 4 women's experience. 

By law the job of government employees is to determine the risk of someone staying in USA. 

I have no direct experience in the last 3 years.  Last attempt was Aug 2018 in middle of orange president and denied. This gf was similar circumstances to your gf except no child and I was not working or living in Thailand.  And she had letter from HISO employer of her 20 years employment at one firm.  The other 3 were 2016-2017 early in  the trump years but they all had money in the bank, houses, careers, kids. 

The word is 200-300 k in savings is needed.  Remember the tourist is supposed to be paying for her pleasure visit.  A 2 week visit to USA would easily cost 200,000 baht. 

Lots of debt is ok along with owning land and a house as one gal was in this situation, but she was govt employee too.   

My theory is the interview is a check on the attractiveness of the applicant.  This helps to determine if they may seek easy money making while on vacation. 

In your case just try to see how your situation looks to us guys as well as the visa issuer's.   USA man with baby with dual citizenship, I assume, and I assume mom is on birth record too.  You would highly appear to be bypassing the K1 visa (90 day fiancee) process that's easily taking a year or longer now.  Or the CR1 which is if you marry. Which is even longer wait .  All government systems in USA SE to be using covid as an excuse for these long wait times. 

If you do apply I say be honest.  You may want to do the k1 or cr1 in future.  Maybe your job in Thailand is so amazing and profitable and has long term legs that it would appear you would be stupid to move back to USA on a visit. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few problems qatar airways do not want to refund the money they owe me. The flight which was cancelled was from dublin to bangkok. I have consulted an irish lawyer and he says he cannot do much because the airline is based qatar and therefore legal proceedings have to be instigated in Qatar hence said legal proceedings have very little chance

I suspect qatar airways will be less awkward if i ask for a replacement flight rather than the money. The money owed is 2600 euro (business class) so the problem is finding a destination which will allow my thai wife entry and will have a fare simmillar to the 2600 euro debt