War in Europe

Is there already a declaration of war by Russia.
Some newspapers I read say that the invasion of Ukraine is a declaration of war.
But the Thai newspapers doesn't mention a war.

What will the impact of a possible war Russia - Ukraine be to Thailand (and most important to the expats)?

Just now, Jingthing said:

Putin will take over all of Ukraine. Then we'll have to see about the resistance. It could take years.

And then?

Tell us how it affects our life here in thailand, will there be any noticable difference?

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

yes, do you?

I understand fuel will go up but that's hardly a massive impact on ones life, right?

Unless you run a haulage firm, airline etc.

no, you are wrong where I live the price of petrol gone up to 2 $ per liter and it harms families

22 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

I understand fuel will go up but that's hardly a massive impact on ones life, right?

Unless you run a haulage firm, airline etc.

Or if you buy goods moved by haulage firms.

Just about every single thing you touch on a daily basis was transported to you using hydrocarbon fuels.

Raw materials sent to China by ship. Then transported by road to factories. The factories transport their finishef products to ports. More ships to get your goods to Thailand. Lorries. Delivery vans. Motorcycles.

If every single company and person in that supply chain is paying more then you cannot expect to pay the same.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Puccini said:

I've been thinking the same since day one of the sabre-rattling. Then yesterday, when Putin was shown on television saying that Ukraine was historically Russian, I had the confirmation.

Now, let me think. What other countries does Putin consider to be historically Russian? All that were part of the Soviet Union (USSR) or only a few  selected ones?

Clearly not only Ukraine, and forget about "talks" and "negotiating" with him. May as well wake up and smell the coffee.

Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine Toppled the Old World Order - The Atlantic

Bury the Old World Order

The old ways of dealing with Russia no longer apply.

On 2/25/2022 at 12:25 AM, redsongthaew said:

Or if you buy goods moved by haulage firms.

Just about every single thing you touch on a daily basis was transported to you using hydrocarbon fuels.

Raw materials sent to China by ship. Then transported by road to factories. The factories transport their finishef products to ports. More ships to get your goods to Thailand. Lorries. Delivery vans. Motorcycles.

If every single company and person in that supply chain is paying more then you cannot expect to pay the same.

Will it make a massive impact on your life?

On 2/25/2022 at 8:34 PM, cocochubb said:

Even smarter than this guy sharing US intel with China?

Biden Turned Over Intelligence To China On Russia’s Plans To Invade Ukraine, China Gave It To Russia

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/25/us/politics/us-china-russia-ukraine.html

This is misleading.

It has been an unusual Biden tactic to widely share intelligence about Putin's false flags and invasion plans.

This accomplished at least two things.

Way fewer people believed Putin's false flag dirty tricks and he destroyed their element of surprise.

No sadly it didn't prevent Putin from war crimes but arguably nothing could have stopped him from invading.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Check updated other new sources ( that can't be mentioned) reporting Putin has put his nuke defenses on standby so I'd forget worrying about the price of petrol.

The "other news sources" you refer to are blocked mainly because the information they provide is likely misinformation. What ones do you think are reputable? Facebook? Fox news? OAN? Newsmax?

Don't refer to some unmentionable source if you can't corroborate the info elsewhere. It is likely to be incorrect.

On 2/24/2022 at 12:20 PM, Sparktrader said:

Let them have Ukraine. Was USSR.

"Confirm the following:

1. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their commitment to Ukraine, in accordance with the principles of the Final Act of the Conference on Security and Cooperation in Europe, to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine;

2. The Russian Federation, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and the United States of America reaffirm their obligation to refrain from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of Ukraine, and that none of their weapons will ever be used against Ukraine except in sel"

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org/atf/cf/{65BFCF9B-6D27-4E9C-8CD3-CF6E4FF96FF9}/s_1994_1399.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 2/25/2022 at 11:42 PM, Jingthing said:

This is misleading.

It has been an unusual Biden tactic to widely share intelligence about Putin's false flags and invasion plans.

This accomplished at least two things.

Way fewer people believed Putin's false flag dirty tricks and he destroyed their element of surprise.

No sadly it didn't prevent Putin from war crimes but arguably nothing could have stopped him from invading.

Do you understand how, giving U.S. intel to enemy states, assists those states in understanding how the U.S. developed that intel?

• Sad 1