Long stay insurance cover

For Thai pass entry requirements to those that already have adequate long stay Thai insurance for the required covid cover value,

is it also requirement to have an additional separate covid travel insurance ?

Edited by jonnyscot

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If you can provide proof of having insurance that will cover covid 19 treatment up to a $50,000 as of today that will decrease to $20.000 on March 1st it will be accepted to apply for a Thailand Pass.

my extension is valid until January 1st 2023, i am going to the uk next month for 9 weeks and returning June 8th, do i require to buy a policy that covers me from June 8th (arrival date) until January 1st (extension expiry date), i just asked the same question on a facebook group and someone said i only need insurance for 90 days.

5 minutes ago, brianj1964 said:

my extension is valid until January 1st 2023, i am going to the uk next month for 9 weeks and returning June 8th, do i require to buy a policy that covers me from June 8th (arrival date) until January 1st (extension expiry date), i just asked the same question on a facebook group and someone said i only need insurance for 90 days.

30 days to the best of my knowledge.  It's been mentioned by several on here and it's what a mate I travelled with recently successfully relied on.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, brianj1964 said:

Both the insurance amount, and need for a Covid-insurance at all, could have changed by June.

So far, in principle, you need a Covid insurance, or so-called health insurance, fir the length of your stay. Other long-stayers have mentioned that they were let in by showing a insurance with cover for 30 days.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, treetops said:

thanks for the links, the guy on facebook said exactly the same as 1 of these posts

18 hours ago, treetops said:

30 days to the best of my knowledge.  It's been mentioned by several on here and it's what a mate I travelled with recently successfully relied on.

That's a huge game changer for me then. I have a non b which I extended last month. The cost of a year's covid insurance combined with the pcr tests and day 1 quarantine would have been more than my flights. If I can buy 30 days covid cover instead of a whole year I'll start booking my flights out of here to see my family. 

3 hours ago, alien365 said:

That's a huge game changer for me then. I have a non b which I extended last month. The cost of a year's covid insurance combined with the pcr tests and day 1 quarantine would have been more than my flights. If I can buy 30 days covid cover instead of a whole year I'll start booking my flights out of here to see my family. 

I think you will find if you go to the Thai site the only period available is 30 days.