UAE abstains at the UN - flying Emirates/Etihad ?

At the UN yesterday, China abstained instead of voting against the resolution, (supported by more than 70 countries), which condemned Putin's madness in Ukraine. I had expected China to vote against the Resolution.

India abstained - I'm guessing that they are in deep hock to Russia in some way.

The UAE also abstained, failing to join the other 11 Security Council Members condemning the invasion. What's their excuse I wonder?

Irrelevant as it is in the great scheme of things - food for thought when buying my next ticket for the UK.

Edited by TorquayFan

2 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

India abstained - I'm guessing that they are in deep hock to Russia in some way.

The UAE also abstained, failing to join the other 11 Security Council Members condemning the invasion. What's their excuse I wonder?

India they have to bend to Vlad because of  India/China Himalaya's problems and also depend too much on Vlad market

UAE that's due to their BIG dependency on Russia high value tourists, the ones with the big boats and football teams... 

Unfortunately there are no longer loyalty allegiances, it's all based on the $$$ or Pound or Euro, look at Germany, Italy and France they didn't agree to cut Russia out off the SWIFT because of the $$$$$$ but they keep saying they are trying to help, in a simple word   HYPOCRISY

hypocrisy
/hɪˈpɒkrəsi/

noun

• 1. the practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case: "his target was the hypocrisy of suburban life"

Hi Mavie - I understand Italy and France might be relenting on 'Swift'.

Re. UAE - irrelevant as it is in the great scheme of things and food for thought - I won't be choosing Emirates or Etihad for my flight to UK. ATB