Thai driving licence 5 years renewal

Topah

Hi.

I have renewed my Thai driving licence few times already but would like to ask what is the current process in Bangkok during covid and what are the documents needed for renewing? I dont have work permit or tax id but did the renewal in the past with non o based on marriage visa. Now because of covid my NON O visa has expired and I am here with tourist visa. I have thai wife and son. I remember last time it was pretty straightforward 1 hour video and some reaction test.

Hi I renewed mine a couple of weeks ago I am on a non O visa. You need a medical report from a Thai hospital or clinic to say you are fit to drive they have the necessary documents this must be no older than 1 month, a resident permit from immigration or your embassy confirming your address, copy of your home country and existing Thai license both sides of each, and a copy of your passport detail page, visa page, entry stamp and any other stamps in your passport since your last entry to Thailand and lastly a copy of both sides of TM6. 

Also if you have done the online video and questionnaire you need to have a copy of the completion with reference details if not you can do at the test centre on 2nd trip but takes two hours so better to do online. 

They open between 8-8.30am it changes daily and they only process 30 foreigners a day so get there around 7.30am. They will check your documents and if correct will give you an option of dates to comeback to take the three tests and to do the application, normally it 7-10 days after first trip but some have waited 3-4 months. I had to wait about 7-8 days between document check and actual application.

Hope this helps.