Registering a 2nd hand bike

Hi all.

Looking at buying a second hand scooter and would like to know how to change the names in the book from the current owner to mine ( or my wife).

In particular, I have seen a bike and discussed with the seller over FB messenger. Done a live video call and it ticks all the boxes but it's in Korat so I want him to ship it and I'll pay on delivery. He's agreed to this but I just want to know what needs to be done. Does he just send the book with the bike and that bit from his end or is there something else?

There is also a transfer document that he will need to fill in - pass it to you and you fill in your details as the new owner.

Send the book and document separately to the bike. I was told to never leave the book with the bike!

As far as I remember, that is all that it needs.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

That's a tricky deal, handing over money before you even know if all is good. Make sure the ID numbers on bike match the book. 

I'm happy with the bike. We have already had a detailed video call but it is cash on delivery and no money will change hands until I'm happy. The bike isn't my concern I just want to make sure he has the correct documentation and signs in the right place so I can change the title