Similan And Surin Dive Trip

davidjtayler

Well, as promised I have uploaded some pics from my 10 day dive trip in mid April aboard SY Sampai Jumpa with

Worldwide dive and sail

The trip was fantastic, the weather was fantastic and we saw loads of good stuff !

Click on the following link to take you to the photos which are in my gallery ...

Similan dive trip photos

Happy diving folks !

:o

Edited by davidjtayler

• 2 weeks later...

Cool pics..... here are some from Dec 2006... wish had more time to go.

post-46050-1182444860_thumb.jpg

One of these guys bit of that instructors fingers...... u can still see some finger nails stuck inbetween his teeth ( kidding )

post-46050-1182444967_thumb.jpgpost-46050-1182444957_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182444949_thumb.jpgpost-46050-1182444934_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182444921_thumb.jpgpost-46050-1182444913_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182445139_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182445129_thumb.jpgpost-46050-1182445121_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182445113_thumb.jpgpost-46050-1182445100_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182445087_thumb.jpgpost-46050-1182445077_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182445065_thumb.jpgpost-46050-1182445056_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182445041_thumb.jpg

Nikon 10.5 mm..... amazing what you can do with it ! ( this is not a composed photoshop...fresh from the press ) - in love with CWA shots

post-46050-1182444983_thumb.jpg

post-46050-1182444895_thumb.jpg

Edited by ProfessorNiceGuy

• 2 months later...
Would it be okay to go diving to Similan around mid of Septmber ? How's the weather at that time?

If not, any suggestions?

Also, any liveboard trips coming up that can do rescue diving course?

I wouldn't go in September - too much risk of bad weather and may be no trips scheduled anyway. Maybe the Wicked Witch or Sea Dragon or something would have a trip if weather is good and if they get enough customers. The proper season gets going during October with a full program from November - April.

Rescue course on a liveaboard - you have to understand that the Rescue course is about scenarios, surface skills, helping divers in distress - and not about just diving and looking at fish. I taught some Rescue courses on liveaboards and it was (excuse my straight talk) a pain in the butt. Better to do this course seperately - can certainly be done in Phuket in September - course involves some theory, some beach time or pool time and a day trip on the boat.

Would it be okay to go diving to Similan around mid of Septmber ? How's the weather at that time?

If not, any suggestions?

I wouldn't go in September - too much risk of bad weather and may be no trips scheduled anyway. Maybe the Wicked Witch or Sea Dragon or something would have a trip if weather is good and if they get enough customers. The proper season gets going during October with a full program from November - April.

Rescue course on a liveaboard - you have to understand that the Rescue course is about scenarios, surface skills, helping divers in distress - and not about just diving and looking at fish. I taught some Rescue courses on liveaboards and it was (excuse my straight talk) a pain in the butt. Better to do this course seperately - can certainly be done in Phuket in September - course involves some theory, some beach time or pool time and a day trip on the boat.

Thanks for the info.

Any diving schools you can recommend for the rescue diving course?

Agree with you, except for this:

Better to do this course seperately - can certainly be done in Phuket in September - course involves some theory, some beach time or pool time and a day trip on the boat.
Should IMO be: theory, beach time, pooltime and a daytrip. I know quite often a rescue course on Phuket is taught in 2 days, a good course takes IMO 3 days with all these elements.

• 1 month later...

If not, any suggestions?

Did the liveaboard around the Similans in January; poor vis, very strong currents, It may have been an exception but best definitely would be Nov/Dec..

The attached photos in this thread are really good; for someone who also dabbles in this hobby too, would the posters please state the equipment/films etc. used as well as the sea conditions and dates...

• 11 months later...