Two Chinese nationals and Thai resident arrested in Phuket for allegedly smuggling and selling illegal Covid-19 coronavirus medicines

webfact

LINE_P20220302_19032207-696x522.jpg

By Nop Meechukhun

Phuket – Two Chinese nationals and a Thai national were arrested in the Patong area of Phuket yesterday, March 2nd, for allegedly smuggling and selling illegal Covid-19 coronavirus medicines.

Phuket police had arrested Bai Jifu, 54, and Pennapha Sathongnon, 36, at a house in Kathu District, Phuket, after being alerted by a “concerned citizen” that there were Chinese and Thai people smuggling fake Covid-19 drugs and selling to local people in the area.

Nearly 100 boxes of medicines named “Ya Lian Hua Qing Wen”, claiming to be Covid-19 medicines and “miracle cures”, were found at the scene along with mobile phones and dozens of boxes of Chinese-branded cigarettes.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/03/02/two-chinese-nationals-and-thai-resident-arrested-in-phuket-for-allegedly-smuggling-and-selling-illegal-covid-19-coronavirus-medicines/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-03-03

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

Apparently, the Traditional Chinese Medicine concoction is effective on flu, and tests on Covid patients are mixed.

I don't know why they'd make a traditional mix of herbs illegal.  There are hundreds of TCM's sold all over Thailand.  I used to buy some for my heart, based on recommendations from cardiologists in China.

• Confused 1