Tourism asks for Thailand to follow rest of world

pixelaoffy

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

No harm in asking is there? but Thailand will do what Thailand always did, the wrong moves...

Thailand, in the eyes of Thai officials, is and always was, 'special'. Rather than following international trends, they will expect the world to revolve around Thailand as the center of the 'universe'. Until 2019 it worked out well for Thailand, nonetheless.

How the tourism world map will be drawn up after 2022 is a different question...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Thailand is a leader...not a follower ????

Actually Thailand seem to follow many countries.... like those who held restrictions while infection numbers were rising. no doubt they will also follow by reducing them when numbers begin to fall.

I'm not so sure, to be honest. They're clearly concerned about the number of new cases, hospitalisations and fatalities, probably caused by the low booster uptake (30% or so). The high season's almost over anyway as Spring approaches in the northern hemisphere, China and Russia are out of the picture now, so maybe it makes sense to stay a bit cautious until they can get more of their people to accept a third dose. I'd like to see an end to the restrictions too, but I'm just saying that maybe we shouldn't be too harsh on the authorities on this one, they're doing what they feel is right, even if dropping the Thailand Pass nonsense wouldn't make much (if any) difference to the current situation.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

Look see here is again. Hates to have a bad word said against thailand. Even though Thais I know agree with me.  You should get a job as propaganda spokesman for Prayuts gov 

Only available to Thais.....

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

According to the main headline in today's (Thursday) BP, pre-travel PCR tests could be abolished as the next step to ease inward travel. A CCSA meeting tomorrow will hear the proposal from the Public Health Ministry.

The emergency decree in place for almost 2 years is going to be replaced by the Communicable Disease Act.

A staged easing of restrictions is planned so tourism can return to normal from this July.

Edited by champers

5 hours ago, champers said:

According to the main headline in today's (Thursday) BP, pre-travel PCR tests could be abolished as the next step to ease inward travel

Ridiculous, from Aus Qantas and Singapore Airlines require a PCR to board anyway so no change.

The mandatry insurance and one day quarantine with 2 covid tests in 5 days remains the primary obstacle to tourism (along with the forced quarantine for being a close contact)

Meanwhile, Phillipines. Singapore, Cambodia and Vietnam have got it right with just a Covid test before flight to enter

Edited by aussiexpat
  • Like 2

On 3/3/2022 at 6:06 PM, Guderian said:

I'm not so sure, to be honest. They're clearly concerned about the number of new cases, hospitalisations and fatalities, probably caused by the low booster uptake (30% or so). The high season's almost over anyway as Spring approaches in the northern hemisphere, China and Russia are out of the picture now, so maybe it makes sense to stay a bit cautious until they can get more of their people to accept a third dose. I'd like to see an end to the restrictions too, but I'm just saying that maybe we shouldn't be too harsh on the authorities on this one, they're doing what they feel is right, even if dropping the Thailand Pass nonsense wouldn't make much (if any) difference to the current situation.

As many researches around the world showing that Omicron is about the best protection you can get, why try to stop it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Meanwhile, Phillipines. Singapore, Cambodia and Vietnam have got it right with just a Covid test before flight to enter

Any requirement to show vaccination status?

1 minute ago, aussiexpat said:

Of course, I thought being fully vaxed for travel went without saying 

It was the 'just a Covid test' that threw me....nothing really goes without saying these days. 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:13 PM, Victornoir said:

Makes sense to you maybe, but not to responsible governments.

Our countries waited for the drop in Omicron contamination to ease the constraints. Thailand is still in the progression phase and therefore it would be premature to open now.

Moreover, this country has succeeded infinitely better than ours in terms of victims. We are not in position to give lessons.

Hmmm.. I guess if you believe the reported numbers are correct??????????????

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

It was the 'just a Covid test' that threw me....nothing really goes without saying these days. 

Disagree, being fully vaxed for quarantine free travel is the new 'normal'. Vax certificate expected just like no need to say you need a passport or flight ticket

14 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

Disagree, being fully vaxed for quarantine free travel is the new 'normal'. Vax certificate expected just like no need to say you need a passport or flight ticket

I asked the question, thank you for the answer, the argument you can keep. 

On 3/18/2022 at 7:02 AM, aussiexpat said:

The problem is, the definition of "fully vaxxed" is different for different countries, and keeps changing.

Your definition of fully vaxxed, may not be what another country accepts as fully vaxxed.