Car battery replacement service

Wiggy

I’ve just returned from a trip abroad (two months away) and my car battery is completely dead. I’ve always replaced it early before so I’ve never had this problem. Does anyone know of a good battery replacement call-out service? I’m in Klong Toey, Bangkok. It’s a 2016 Honda Civic RS. Thanks in advance.  

Edited by Wiggy

4 hours ago, Wiggy said:

my car battery is completely dead. ... Does anyone know of a good battery replacement call-out service? I’m in Klong Toey, Bangkok.

Buy a battery charger first, that should get the car started if it had no problems when it was parked, then drive to a battery shop if you really want to replace it.  A charge could be all that it needs.    

Alternatively, as someone else posted, try searching "mobile car battery service Bangkok" then call one of the many options.   You could also just call, or go to, any battery shop and ask them.   A motorbike taxi would know where to take you.

Try phoning the service department of a dealer and ask them if they have a rescue service.  

Then, when you've sorted it, join Car World  Club to avoid being in the same situation in future.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

Usually these shops are about everywhere, just try walking down the street, I think all of them offer to come to your place to change it.

They also often put signs with their phone number on lamp posts etc, so maybe just have somebody who can read Thai check the lamp posts near your house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Very odd......Mazda dealer changes my battery every 6 months.......no charge........is the dealer conning Mazda somehow?

Probably not, Mazda is more likely to be "conning" the original battery suppliers!  The manufacturer would soon catch on to never ending, regular battery replacement claims from that dealer. 

Maybe the dealer sees it as a loss leader to ensure that he gets you into his place every six months?  The trade price for a regular supply of batteries that only need to last six months can't be much. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Wiggy charge it up ?

Or walk down the road, where any Mom and Pop battery shop or chain dealer will set off and fit you a new one immediately..

The price should be around B3-3500 and specify at least 75 ah

It's easy M8*. Good luck.

Get a COD battery on Lazada next day delivery 1500 baht - 2000 baht GK battery had for it 3 yrs ago in Toyota Vios

• Like 1