Would a Thai AZ and a UK Pfizer vaccines accepted for Thai Pass

I had AZ vaccine last year in Thailand, then went to UK and had a Pfizer vaccine there, would that be accepted as fully vaccinated to get Thai Pass to go back to Thailand...!? 

Or maybe they need same vaccine types and from same country - evidence of fully vaccinated from the same institute.... , that sort of thing...!

Edited by Agusts

28 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Late last year my son used a vaccination certificate from a Thai hospital plus a CDC vaccination card from a CVS pharmacy in the US to evidence his two vaccinations to get his pass.

Did he get the same vaccines from both countries...? 

On 3/6/2022 at 7:01 AM, ubonjoe said:

Your vaccinations will apparently be accepted.

image.png.68fb9beefa7c1323c1b9878c9a85d66d.png

Source: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

That does not mean anything, the proof has to be acceptable. Unless the NHS have changed their policy they will not issue a certificate for a single dose.

I know from experience that the card issued at vaccination will not be accepted.

1 hour ago, c18gmr said:

You can contact your local GP in the UK and have the Thai vaccine added to your NHS app / record. Then you should have the full equivalent to the UK certificate 

This is part of an email I received from the NHS. I was also told verbally that GPs can only add vaccinations that they have administered.

Do you have any reference to the issue actually being resolved.

"At the moment vaccinations administered overseas are not currently captured in the UK vaccination database. As a result of this the NHS COVID Pass service is unable to generate the COVID Pass or Letter.  
The NHS is currently working on a solution to this issue; however, this may take some time and we thank you for your continued patience."

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 7:37 PM, Agusts said:

then went to UK and had a Pfizer vaccine there, would that be accepted as fully vaccinated to get Thai Pass to go back to Thailand...!? 

I had that problem in Oct with the COE, it will depend on what you get from the NHS. They wouldn't give me a certificate for a single dose and the card I got at vaccination was rejected so my COE was issued as unvaccinated.

I took the matter up with the Disease Control Officer at the airport on arrival and she accepted what I had and I was stamped in as vaccinated.

I did have some difficulty getting a refund from the quarantine hotel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

I know from experience that the card issued at vaccination will not be accepted.

Who will not accept it?

The question was was about applying for a Thailand Pass not  a certificate from the NHS.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 8:37 PM, Agusts said:

Did he get the same vaccines from both countries...? 

Two main things, make sure that your vaccine certificate are recognized by Thailand and to board a plane you need an International vaccination certificate.

Thanks for all replies, yes a few things got mixed up, as usual...

After I got my AZ vaccine in Thailand on 3 July 2021 I went to hospital a week later and paid that 50 baht and got a certificate that had my details and a QR on it - hope this makes it official...!?

On another matter, I also read some special centers are recently assigned in UK (not GP) to take your foreign vaccine certificate that is approved by UK (Thai AZ is accepted) to be recognized by NHS and added to their records - I'm not in UK so can't do that...

When I was in UK about 5 months ago, this was not an option..., when I was there I did my 1st Pfizer vaccine in 1 Sep 2021 - enough time after AZ according to that table...

I originally asked about this because I'm not in UK right now (and not in Thailand either). But I go to UK soon and  then to Thailand. Perhaps to be on safe side and have a proper fully vaccinated certificate from NHS (less hassle all around and in future) I will have another (my 2nd) UK Pfizer vaccine when I arrive in UK and then wait 14 days and then go to Thailand ... (was thinking to avoid that 14 days before, but not a big deal...).

Thanks all, will be in here with more Thai Pass questions in a month or so, if things not changed by then...!  Covid numbers going down in most countries now, but going up in Thailand  ...! ? ????

7 hours ago, Agusts said:

After I got my AZ vaccine in Thailand on 3 July 2021 I went to hospital a week later and paid that 50 baht and got a certificate that had my details and a QR on it - hope this makes it official...!?

On another matter, I also read some special centers are recently assigned in UK (not GP) to take your foreign vaccine certificate that is approved by UK (Thai AZ is accepted) to be recognized by NHS and added to their records - I'm not in UK so can't do that...

When I was in UK about 5 months ago, this was not an option..., when I was there I did my 1st Pfizer vaccine in 1 Sep 2021 - enough time after AZ according to that table...

I originally asked about this because I'm not in UK right now (and not in Thailand either). But I go to UK soon and  then to Thailand. Perhaps to be on safe side and have a proper fully vaccinated certificate from NHS (less hassle all around and in future) I will have another (my 2nd) UK Pfizer vaccine when I arrive in UK and then wait 14 days and then go to Thailand ... (was thinking to avoid that 14 days before, but not a big deal...).

Thanks all, will be in here with more Thai Pass questions in a month or so, if things not changed by then...!  Covid numbers going down in most countries now, but going up in Thailand  ...! ? ????

Where are you. Is it a secret 

7 hours ago, Agusts said:

What hospital charged you 50 baht for your vaccine certificate ????????????

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

But I go to UK soon and  then to Thailand. Perhaps to be on safe side and have a proper fully vaccinated certificate from NHS (less hassle all around and in future) I will have another (my 2nd) UK Pfizer vaccine when I arrive in UK and then wait 14 days and then go to Thailand ... (was thinking to avoid that 14 days before, but not a big deal...).

That should be straight forward. Don't forget you have to do the ThaiPass so they recommend 7 days after you've uploaded your docs & applied ( obv this may change )

20 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

That should be straight forward. Don't forget you have to do the ThaiPass so they recommend 7 days after you've uploaded your docs & applied ( obv this may change )

This is also a bit confusing, on their current advice text (on Thai Pass website that pop up, I checked today) it says you need to apply for Thai Pass 2 days before your travel date, later it says it takes up to 3 to 7 days for us to reply to you - do you see the problem there ? 

8 hours ago, Agusts said:

This is also a bit confusing, on their current advice text (on Thai Pass website that pop up, I checked today) it says you need to apply for Thai Pass 2 days before your travel date, later it says it takes up to 3 to 7 days for us to reply to you - do you see the problem there ? 

I think that means no later than 2 days,

• Thanks 1