Passing a PCR Test after Covid

I have just recovered from Covid after 3 vaccinations. I am thinking of travelling to Thailand in late April or May 2022.

I am concerned about failing the PCR test as I know it stays in the body for 90 days.

Has anyone any experience of getting into Thailand in this situation?

I have my results all recorded on the NHS App.

I went to Thailand in December 2021 and it all went well.

Highly unlikely this will be a problem. I also read 90 days.. Most people pass the PCR test after 2 weeks or even less. 2 cases i personally know of that had to cancel flights because of covid were able to pass it after 10 days. Myself after 3 days... but that was probably a false positive.

If worried, just do a PCR to check before booking anything?

I tested Covid + at the start of this(no symptoms - but the missus did ). Four weeks later I was asked to do another test ( ONS/NHS ) and I tested positive again(no symptoms) even though I'd hardly left the house after the initial positive test. The missus tested negative. 

If you're clear now by late April you should be fine. Just get one of the NHS test kits and test.

medical certificate/recovery certificate covers you for 90 days - so even if you are positive, you show them at the airport check in, in transit, on arrival and at testing hospital/hotel.

You still need to do Test&Go.

Very little chance you will still be positive in 2 months time.

I was detected positive on 1st February. On 23rd ATK negative. PCRs on 26 and 28.2, also 3.03 all negative.

Entry rules will be liberalised almost every month, one of the PCR's will be scrapped, possibly replaced by ATK. 

Edited by internationalism

You can get a recovery certificate. It's good for the period 14 days to 90 days after infection. You will still have to get a PCR test done before you travel and when you arrive (unless that's changed again), but if you have the recovery certificate and no symptoms, they will override the test results. 

PCR tests for genetic material, but it doesn't distinguish between live and dead viral material. You are a virus graveyard for a while afterwards, so you can randomly test positive for months. There is a COVID recovery thing in the NHS app, but it might be worth paying out for a private certificate so you have a hardcopy as well.