Images Of Samui, Phangan And Tao

Road works progressing between Nathon to Maenam... Slowly but surely a huge improvement.... I measured about 8 kms in all, are currently being worked on, including drainage...thumbsup.gif

If there were anymore signs there would be not room to work!

_MG_5687-4.jpg

Footpaths in Ban Por and Ban Thai and the section headed in to Nathon, will help too! ..when finished!

_MG_5689-6.jpg

• Like 1

Buddhas footprint, taken last week.

But where? Not seen! tongue.png

I must admit it's taken me a long time to finally find it.

From the ring road (Hu Thanon area) take the road that goes towards the tiger zoo/aquarium. Go past the turning for the zoo (right hand bend) and drive 1k. There is a slope off the road on the left which leads in to a temple (Wat Khao Le Bureau of Monks). Turn right and park in the small dirt car park opposite, and then walk up the slope to the temple part way. On the right is a foot path that goes through a clearing with trees and a concrete sala, carry on until you see a sign that points up some steps. The footprint is in a building at the top of the steps.

Edited by Amusements
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The road up to the Lamai Big Buddha Temple is now being concreted.... good views up there! (no signs yet)

Thanks Phil....

Well there lots of ways of getting up there.... but right now I would only send up your drone!!!

Nice pics Jim, Lamai Big Buddha? Which one is that?

Also do you know how to get up to the standing Buddha?

Thanks Phil.... many roads lead up there.... but right now they would not be easy! Send up your drone!!!

You can get the from several roads from Maenam, Soi 1. 2 3 and 5 . Also from Lamai, Hau Thanon, Lipa Noi and Nathon!!! they all lead to the centre road atop the mountains..

From Maenam it's about 12 kms if I remember... but a slow drive! When dry too, it can be very slippery with the dry sand.....

She's very big!

another one up there...

View to Lamai and parts of Chawang Chong Mong ... etc

Lamai view....

but some of the roads are rough going.... especially now!

If that cement road I posted is finished then it will be easier via Soi One road.... too much chance of getting rained out right now, will check out later....

Member Neilly and I went up the existing one a couple of years ago ! But I have done several times!

There is a restaurant up there too, some of the Safari Trucks stop there for lunch! (if you dare use them!!!!!) wink.png

Thank's Jim, so is the 'Standing Buddha' the same as the 'Lamai Big Buddha' you referred to in your post above? Quote - The road up to the Lamai Big Buddha Temple is now being concreted.... good views up there! (no signs yet)

^^^^ Wow! but you are not telling us where you are taking all these photos ... Phil!

Stranger on the shore.... Lamai Beach, the other day!

Sorry Jim, I normally do.

The 'Leaning Palm Tree' is on the 4170 in Tong Krut where you get the boats to Koh Tan

1st Panorama is Lamai taken from Samui Camp

The fishing boats are Hua Thanon

The small bay is Phang Ka near Elements Hotel

The 'Boat Temple' is Laem Sor, near the Laem Sor Chedi (further along the road)

The sailing boat is the Blue Dragon at Ang Thong Marine Park (and the beach shot)

The Fire Show shots are from Swing Bar in Lamai

• Like 1

Lots of things to do on Soi One from Maenam to Lamai! The road is in pretty good shape, but quite steep in some areas....

Not only will Samui immigration be open some time! Every farang will get to know this place....

I saw the new water slide park was now open! Follow the signs!

_MG_6450-42.jpg

Be warned...it's expensive, and you will be charged the same entrance fee if you are using the rides/swimming or just minding your child

• Like 1

but some of the roads are rough going.... especially now!

Maenam%252520lamai%252520Temple-1030.jpg

Maenam%252520lamai%252520Temple-1036.jpg

If that cement road I posted is finished then it will be easier via Soi One road.... too much chance of getting rained out right now, will check out later....

Member Neilly and I went up the existing one a couple of years ago ! But I have done several times!

There is a restaurant up there too, some of the Safari Trucks stop there for lunch! (if you dare use them!!!!!) wink.png

Hi Jimmy...that cement road only goes about 150m and then stops...don't think they'll concrete it all the way.

Been up on the hills with a couple of friends quite a few times (last time a couple of weeks ago) and Soi 3 is now a mess again. We haven't been up since the rains kicked in but will soon if we get a clear day.

• Like 1

Lots of things to do on Soi One from Maenam to Lamai! The road is in pretty good shape, but quite steep in some areas....

Not only will Samui immigration be open some time! Every farang will get to know this place....

I saw the new water slide park was now open! Follow the signs!

_MG_6450-42.jpg

Be warned...it's expensive, and you will be charged the same entrance fee if you are using the rides/swimming or just minding your child

Their music seemed to be free and loud enough presumably to let visitors in Chaweng know where they are!

(Did you hear it Rooo?)

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

Music?..... I no hear! tongue.png

But wow! today going through Nathon this morning was shall we say very very slow, following the Temple floats going at walking speed.

The festival, is located near Seatran Pier.... but going to be a bit of a wash out, unlike last year ....

It took over an hour to drive through town and the traffic line up!crazy.gif

November%252520rainy%252520season%252520

It took a while to figure out why! ....and this is why!

.... The "Ting Tong" truck...well that is what is says! Perhaps that is what you are hearing Evadgib! whistling.gif

Sorry images not so clear, taken from inside of a car... wink.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking at other forums I notice a lot have "pinned" images of their area. I believe this section would be useful for anybody seeking info about the Island

What are your thoughts?

Maybe we could all add our favourite shots?

Perhaps a moderator could consider pinning?

Anyway, here's my 50 cents worth to kick it off.

attachicon.gifBeach_Chair.JPG attachicon.gifFishing_Boat.jpg attachicon.gifWat_Pla_Leam.JPG

1)Chaweng Cove 2) Bangrak 3) Wat Pla Leam

A lightning strike off koh samui....holy cat milk,scary stuff......

more stunning samui shots,gorgeous haired man too,he works in svensens

LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. Is anyone able to ID this location please? Apparently it's on Koh Phangan and I'm going there in April so would like to try pay a visit.

Thanks

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1452439311.109056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recognise that place on KP, Wellred, it could be the Chinese temple in Chaloklum on the north end of the island ??? ^

Hi all. Is anyone able to ID this location please? Apparently it's on Koh Phangan and I'm going there in April so would like to try pay a visit.

Thanks

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1452439311.109056.jpg

I don't recognise that place on KP, Wellred, it could be the Chinese temple in Chaloklum on the north end of the island ??? ^

Managed to ask the guy on Instagram. It's Wat Maduea Wan. Good selfie material 5555

https://www.triphobo.com/wat-maduea-wan-ko-pha-ngan-thailand

• Like 1