Images Of Samui, Phangan And Tao

Jimmy, Ban Tai looks fantastic. I'm assuming it's near Bang Po but can't exactly figure it out.

Can you help out with directions or which resort is on it? I'll be in a car trying to find it.

Cheers,

Matt.

Yep, Virt is correct... thumbsup.gif ......watch for the sign for Mimosa resort on ring road, there is a 7 -11 on the corner.... (Between Maenam and Ban Por beach), turn, then head to the end of the road, and park and walk down the beach.... Usually very quiet, and great beach for kids as has nice sand and water ... often there are locals are down there... which is not a problem... thumbsup.gif

If one walks along the rocky area it turns into Ban Por beach, which is like Maenam beach and is several kilometers longwink.png

SAM_1838.JPG

In last week or so there is new construction, just after Mimosa, not sure if expansion or new resort.... I don't think the addition will ruin the beach!

Edited by samuijimmy

Thanks guys, appreciate the directions. Looks like a perfect place to spend this Friday :)

Finally made it there today after lunch at Bang Por seafood. I can certainly see the appeal of the place.

Looks & feels like the real Samui, perfect to retire to one day hopefully.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maenam sunrise this morning

Nice. thumbsup.gif

You should watermark that one.

Thank you. thumbsup.gif But you're joking, right...

There's so many hidden flaws in there it's useless for thieves anyway like this...

Or am I not seeing things right...

Edited by Dancealot

Nice pics as always :D

How do you post them so that the pictures are the actual size?

When i post some from time to time they are all sized down until i click the pictures.

Nice pics as always biggrin.png

How do you post them so that the pictures are the actual size?

When i post some from time to time they are all sized down until i click the pictures.

Hello Virt, thanks for your comment! thumbsup.gif

Best to read this about posting images, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/614326-posting-images-guidelines/

The method some of us use is uploading via Picasa or Flickr.... to get the image larger.... (1024 x is about max size you should use) ... either way works, just means an extra click to open by loading the other way!

Use what is easy for you! wink.png

Colourful scene on Soi one to Lamai today!

SAM_2323.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

first 4 seconds are on another location than the rest, which is an sandbank next to Thong Sala

Yes, the first few seconds is Chulacklum area ... then it goes to the south, to the west side of Tongsala... and up the west coast...and then jumps around to different areas...

Nice video! thumbsup.gif

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely Ko Tao & Nang Yuan เกาะเต่า-นางยวน

The tide is one of the lowest of this year.

When the water is at its highest during December/January, that small beach connecting the Nang Yuan islands will be totally submerged.

post-17753-0-62277900-1402833626_thumb.j post-17753-0-22876800-1402833631_thumb.j post-17753-0-64049100-1402833635_thumb.j post-17753-0-91490200-1402833927_thumb.j post-17753-0-91271400-1402833932_thumb.j post-17753-0-87761600-1402833936_thumb.j post-17753-0-94493500-1402833940_thumb.j

Edited by Mole
  • Like 1

Been meaning to take the GoPro on some of trips up thru the hills but never got round to it...well, I finally did on Thurs. The camera is mounted directly to the bike so doesn’t really show how steep some of the parts are...be warned.

I must thank Jimmy for putting up with me covering him in dust when he was showing me around up there last year...cheers Jimmy

This first one goes from the Mummified Monk Wat up to the restaurant by the big Buddha above Lamai.

• Like 1

Not sure if on Soi 3 on the last one their, Neilly, you did not start at the beginning facepalm.gif Last time I tried that if it is I could not get up the first hill, as it was too dry...!.... Wet roads much better for grip...thumbsup.gif

Them Go Pro Cameras are good, at least one does not have to keep stopping to take shots.... Much faster for you, not having to stop and wait for me to catch up.... Sure shows how lovely the island is and nice to get away from the maddening crowds.... except for the 4 wheel drivers and the Safari trucks!

Great stuff! clap2.gif got to get out and do again some time! wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 2

Not sure if on Soi 3 on the last one their, Neilly, you did not start at the beginning facepalm.gif Last time I tried that if it is I could not get up the first hill, as it was too dry...!.... Wet roads much better for grip...thumbsup.gif

Great stuff! clap2.gif got to get out and do again some time! wink.png

Your right I didn't start from the beginning of Soi 3 Jimmy...I had a couple of false starts and it took me a while to find that quarry. And yeah, doubt you would get up there on a auto at the moment as there is a lot of loose 'gravel'.

I'll drop you a PM later mate...should be going out again towards the end of this week thumbsup.gif

• Like 1