New Online 90-Day Report Question

Know the online report can be done 15 days prior to one's actual report date, but can it be done up to and including the actual report date? Example: Report date is 20 March. Can the online report still be done on 20 March? Assuming the answer is "yes", but would appreciate verification. 

Assuming my my Reporting date is 20 March.

I do do online on 20th March.

If my online application is rejected.

What is the next steps I should do ? Too late to try online again ?

Your advice is much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

33 minutes ago, micky said:

Can do 90-day report (or have it done for you) at your Immigration Office up to 7 days after report date, counting the report date as Day 1, without penalty. 

Edited by Skeptic7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, micky said:

If your report date is March 20th, why would you wait until the 20th to try the online report?  Do it now (you can do it up to 15 days before your due date).

But, under your scenario, you still have 6 days past your due date to timely file the report in person.

• Like 2

When I took my first stab at the new online 90-day reporting in December, the date on my previous in-office paperwork said I had to file by the 29th.

Because this process was new to me and I knew it could be done up to 15 days early, I went ahead and processed the online TM-47 on December 22nd. That gave Nervous Nelly me a just-in-case buffer. (I NEVER like to do things after the published date, even though it's allowed. I'm sorta anally-retentive that way! 555) 

When  I got my approval, though, the next reporting date had been moved up from the 29th to the 22nd. Not 90 days from my previous expiration date, but 90 days from when I did the online filing. 

Now, my 1-year Non-O Marriage visa extension is good through April 30, so I assume the "disappeared week" will not affect me any.

But if this is a normal thing, losing a few days or a week---or TWO?---on several 90-day reports in a year...... could really add up! 

Not sure the significance of all this---just had me scratching my head. (So I thought I'd share! 555) 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KanchanaburiGuy said:

When I took my first stab at the new online 90-day reporting in December, the date on my previous in-office paperwork said I had to file by the 29th.

Because this process was new to me and I knew it could be done up to 15 days early, I went ahead and processed the online TM-47 on December 22nd. That gave Nervous Nelly me a just-in-case buffer. (I NEVER like to do things after the published date, even though it's allowed. I'm sorta anally-retentive that way! 555) 

When  I got my approval, though, the next reporting date had been moved up from the 29th to the 22nd. Not 90 days from my previous expiration date, but 90 days from when I did the online filing. 

Now, my 1-year Non-O Marriage visa extension is good through April 30, so I assume the "disappeared week" will not affect me any.

But if this is a normal thing, losing a few days or a week---or TWO?---on several 90-day reports in a year...... could really add up! 

Not sure the significance of all this---just had me scratching my head. (So I thought I'd share! 555) 

Cheers! 

Your extension of stay is independent from your 90-Day Reporting.

The extension of stay is very important, screw that up and you go on overstay and all sorts of negative consequences can follow from that.

The 90-Day Report isn't as important, screw that up and you face a 2,000 baht fine for filing late.  It has absolutely no effect on your permission to stay, you do not go on overstay if you fail to file a 90-Day Report.  You should do a 90-Day Report when due (you can do it up to 14 days early online or in person, and up to 6 days after the due date in person.  You can also do it by mail.

When you apply for a new annual extension of stay the additional year you will get is added on to your current permission to stay.  That is, you lose no days by applying for your extension of stay early.  In fact, it is very advisable to apply for your new extension of stay as early as you can (leaves lots of time to fix any problems).  You can apply as early as 45 days in advance of the expiration date of your current permission to say at some immigration offices and at least 30 days in advance at the rest of the immigration offices.

The 90 day clock on the 90-Day Report usually starts when your 90-Day Report is approved.  So if you file your 90-Day Report early (before it is due) you do lose some days from the maximum you could have gotten.  If you file it after your 90-Day Report is due (during the 6 day grace period following your due date) then you actually gain some days in the sense that you get more than the 90 days you were otherwise entitled.   Personally, since the 90-Day Report doesn't cost anything to do and I can do it online, I do it as early as possible (again allows for things to go wrong and you have more time to fix any problems).  I figure I lose about  on average about 14 days every time I file my 90-Day Report early.  Over the years I have probably filed a few more 90-Day Reports than I would have had to file if I had done it on the actual due date rather than earlier.  I don't lose any sleep over this.  ????

• Like 1