Government Confirms Songkran Celebrations to Proceed Next Month

snoop1130

36 minutes ago, bluemoon58 said:

Two things immediately sprung to mind. The authorities wondering why there's a huge spike in cases around 4 or 5 days after Songkran has finished and the other, "health and safety precautions will still need to be taken"! Really, you're having a laugh...??? What precautions and who will enforce them..???

But really, who cares about Omicron now?

It's a mild cold for 3-4 days, that's about it.

Just about everyone i know has had it, no biggie.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

But really, who cares about Omicron now?

It's a mild cold for 3-4 days, that's about it.

Just about everyone i know has had it, no biggie.

On the upside I have four Thai relatives (all very poor) cock-a-hoop at the moment.

All tested positive and now get 10/14 days quarantine in a very nice hotel courtesy of their insurance......it is like they have won the lottery

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yet folks still die from it just like other mild virus's so what's your point, it is not a mild cold for those unvaccinated folks

I have several friends who are unvax'd.

2 of them have had this flu virus.... one had a minor head ache and the sniffles, the other a slight cough.

They both greatly enjoyed their paid stay at home for 7 day vacation.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

So you say, but not for all. It could be worse for many and dangerous for those vulnerable, particularly those who have not been vaccinated. There are still many dying of Covid (123 in UK yesterday, 1200 in USA), and that is omicron, in well vaccinated places. 

So what your saying is that getting vax'd really is a waste of time then !!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, HighPriority said:

Put it this way, we’ve had about 3-4 major mutations to the original virus in about 2 years.

We’ve been lucky that Omicron was more infectious but less severe, the next variant may not be so kind to us.

I thought it continued to get weaker?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

No, being realistic is getting on with life.

What don't i get?

The totality of the cases and the spread, it is not like a cold nor a flu, and todays total numbers are the highest we have seen with both ATK tests and PCR test positives.  Give it a rest.  I will agree to disagree with you, but all I see is the potential for the freely opening of Songkran causing a major shift from this Government in the restrictions being reinstated and the economy taking a bigger hit than it has already.  Enjoy your view and I hope I am wrong......so far I have been pretty dead on with my views.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So you say, but not for all. It could be worse for many and dangerous for those vulnerable, particularly those who have not been vaccinated. There are still many dying of Covid (123 in UK yesterday, 1200 in USA), and that is omicron, in well vaccinated places. 

Tiny %

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

The totality of the cases and the spread, it is not like a cold nor a flu, and todays total numbers are the highest we have seen with both ATK tests and PCR test positives.  Give it a rest.  I will agree to disagree with you, but all I see is the potential for the freely opening of Songkran causing a major shift from this Government in the restrictions being reinstated and the economy taking a bigger hit than it has already.  Enjoy your view and I hope I am wrong......so far I have been pretty dead on with my views.

Restrictions will not return here as you suggest, no chance of that happening.

People predicted ( you may have been one of them ) that after the NY travelling that Thailand would not be able to cope, has it? Was is total doom like many on here predicted? 

The world is opening up, Thailand will too, why would n't it?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

Omicron is not as pathological, but is far more contagious, does that define weaker? Apparently Omicron came from a different lineage of mutation, another one coming down the Delta line may again prove deadly. We hope Omicron supplies the immunity we need, the vaccination we failed to produce. 

Any idea how many Delta infections there are now?

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

It's never going away. We have to live with it. We can't stay restricted forever, lots of old people die from Flu every year as well but nobody locks down. 

Time to move on and stop pumping the fear. The UK is setting a great example, I spoke to my sister and she said it's pretty much over there. Yesterday's news. Back to normal, no masks, everyone just going about their lives.

If you don't like Songkran that's fine, I get it - stay home. No need to restart all the fear peddling and calls for restrictions. 

Totally agree.

Some people seem to be reluctant to accept that life must go on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1