"Arrive without connecting your flight in Thailand", but airline changed the flight with an extra stop in Phuket

At the end of last year, I booked a return flight from BKK to AMS. (it's Etihad via Abu Dhabi).
The flight back to Thailand was recently changed by the airline, there is an extra stop in HKT (Phuket).

I am trying to obtain an e-visa, but it says: 
"arrive at a destination in Thailand without connecting your flight in Thailand"

So if I understand this correctly, I have to get out in Phuket (do AQ there, and then travel to BKK later). So then I should contact the airline that I get out and pick up my luggage in Phuket.
I am not sure if I should book another flight to BKK, because they might change it with a stop in Phuket anyway (?).

I am fully vaccinated, with 1  dose ofJanssen, and I want to fly to BKK, to go eventually to Chon Buri. There is no reason for me to stay in Phuket, only if I have to.
Happy to hear any other suggestions, or confirmation that I indeed should do the quarantaine in Phuket.

15 hours ago, Gitte said:

I am fully vaccinated, with 1  dose ofJanssen

Perhaps look into getting a booster before leaving your country.

Thailand is surging with the virus.

"J&J booster 85% effective against Omicron hospitalisation, South Africa says"

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/jj-booster-85-effective-against-omicron-1-2-months-safrican-study-2022-01-14/

• Like 2