Thailand economic outlook

Not sure if I misread it but Thailands Feb inflation rate published today 5.28%? The govt forecast missed the mark by a couple of percent. And unless I am mistaken that was February before any really impact from Ukraine / rising gas prices. What's it going to be next month? Although I have noticed apart from the obvious pork prices everything here or most things I reckon have gone up at least 30% over the last 12 months. To be honest I have wondered how Thailand has hung on this long with covid.

I am no economist and have no real clue but I know inflation is one of the worst things economically for a country. Anyone have any insights into this?

• Like 2

I purchased a 10-pack bundle of Mama noodles at Lotus's yesterday for Baht 53; the day before they were Baht 48; just over a 10% increase.

The current real level of inflation in Thailand is probably around 10%; with the price of petrol and gas going up substantially in recent weeks, as well as the growing shortage of chemical fertilizers, I guess the inflation rate will probably double to 20% next month.

30 % is a bit of an exaggeration , but it's more than the official

government numbers , and as inflation is now everywhere in

the World ,Europe and USA  are really suffering from it.

What is not happening this time ,is that interest rates are not

been used to try and control it, high inflation , low interest rates

the value of your cash is slowly melting away .........????

regards worgeordie

7 hours ago, JimHuaHin said:

I purchased a 10-pack bundle of Mama noodles at Lotus's yesterday for Baht 53; the day before they were Baht 48; just over a 10% increase.

The current real level of inflation in Thailand is probably around 10%; with the price of petrol and gas going up substantially in recent weeks, as well as the growing shortage of chemical fertilizers, I guess the inflation rate will probably double to 20% next month.

Should we conclude that you eat 10 packs of Mama noodles per day?