Do chickens in Thailand receive growth hormones during poultry production?

davidst01

I have concerns now about eating non organic chicken after we heard from a friends parents that their child, aged 8, started growing breasts. The Dr in Bangkok, after finding out about the child;s eating habits, said it was probably hormones from all the chicken she was eating. Her parents said that they feed their daughter chicken nearly everyday. I checked on the internet and apparently there are cases around the world where kids develop this problem due to eating too much junk food and poor diet. 

Does anyone know if Thai poultry production farmers add hormones to the chickens feed lot to fatten them up?? 

Can I assume that consuming the beef imported from Western countries would be safe in regards to this issue?

What about pork?

I think I will cease buying chicken from Macro and order the expensive 'organic' options online. I feed my child a really good all round diet but still concerned about that story. 

cheers

CP addressed this back in 2015:

"From my over 20 years of experience in poultry industry, I can confirm that Thailand’s poultry industry, including CPF’s chicken farms, is free of hormone and growth-enhancing additives. It is therefore impossible to have such chemical residue in chicken meat that causes precocious puberty as many people fear."

"It is therefore completely impossible for the poultry industry to use such hormones because it is illegal in Thailand and European Union which is Thailand’s major trading partner."

https://www.cpfworldwide.com/en/media-center/942

• Haha 1