What Is 'bai Taang Daao' - Required For Home Loan

In applying for a home loan (dual-name with my wife) I have been asked by to provide a 'bai taang daao' in addition to the usual things you would expect such as work permit, income evidence etc.

The bank is unable to tell me what this is, or where I get it from. They say they just need it.

I heard 2 things about this, but not sure if they are accurate: 1) Its more for migrant workers such as labourers, factory workers 2) its the same as a residency certificate.

Can someone tell me what 'bai taang dao' is, where and how it is obtained.

Many thanks

In applying for a home loan (dual-name with my wife) I have been asked by to provide a 'bai taang daao' in addition to the usual things you would expect such as work permit, income evidence etc.

The bank is unable to tell me what this is, or where I get it from. They say they just need it.

I heard 2 things about this, but not sure if they are accurate: 1) Its more for migrant workers such as labourers, factory workers 2) its the same as a residency certificate.

Can someone tell me what 'bai taang dao' is, where and how it is obtained.

Many thanks

It's the Alien Registration Certificate (red book) that you get with Permanent Residency. Many lenders stipulate that guarantors for long-term loans must be permanent, rather than temporary, residents.