Firefox 2.0 Probs

cooL_guY_corY

Just got back on a comp i havent used for 6 months, updated automatically to ff 2.0 and then right after install i couldnt launch it any more. Works in safe mode, but when launched normal off desktop, start menu or quick launch, nothing happens. Read a ton of stuff at the mozilla site, with no help, uninstalled and reinstalled a ton of times, also to the previous version of 2.0 that i was using, still no luck, then i just downloaded 1.5 and it works fine, although its kinda dated now and maybe unsecure, also i dont have the auto spellcheck thing going anymore either.. i think the problem might be related to java as i updated the Java (sun ? ) runtime environment also.. any clue?

thanks

Just got back on a comp i havent used for 6 months, updated automatically to ff 2.0 and then right after install i couldnt launch it any more. Works in safe mode, but when launched normal off desktop, start menu or quick launch, nothing happens. Read a ton of stuff at the mozilla site, with no help, uninstalled and reinstalled a ton of times, also to the previous version of 2.0 that i was using, still no luck, then i just downloaded 1.5 and it works fine, although its kinda dated now and maybe unsecure, also i dont have the auto spellcheck thing going anymore either.. i think the problem might be related to java as i updated the Java (sun ? ) runtime environment also.. any clue?

thanks

Correct. There have been a number of posts about FF 2.0.0.4 on different forums that I have seen, and all seem to come back to Java - including mine.

Delete and re-install Java is my suggestion.