Moving to a new province - car registration

My car was bought 7 years ago in Bangkok where I've been living.  I'm moving to Rayong province next month.  Do I need to update my Blue Book or do anything else about changing my address on the registration document?  Or can I wait until it's time to renew my tax (November)? Will I need a new licence plate? 

I presume I should update the address on my 5-year DL too, although many seem to advise that this is not strictly necessary, and can be done when the DL has to be renewed.

Thanks

When we moved from Pattaya to Buriram we just went to DLT (in Buriram) and it took approx 1 week to get new license plates.

At the DLT (in Buriram) they just amended the Blue Book after we got our new license plates.

Also the same time we got the new license plates we got a new tax sticker because of the change of license plates!

Edited by MJCM

When you move go to nearest DLT when your road tax & gov insurance is due and get your new address put in your blue book.

Change the the number for that province of you want but there is no need to do it. 

• Like 2

We shipped our motorcycle from Udon Thani to Sakon Nakhon. No change was necessary. We just updated the address along with the next tax renewal. Same with our D/Ls. Address updated on renewal.

What the legal requirement is is anyone's guess, but that seems to be the standard way of going about it.

• Like 1