3bb and moving advice please

mercman24

hi advice please, i have been with 3BB for 3 months (under a thai name), they got back to me to say the condo in question has no 3bb service, they say they can put a line in for 1500, pros and cons,? con why should i pay 1500 baht, for other future users, pro, maybe as i would be the only user, my speed would be better, present condo no one here and buffering like mad as we are all sharing connection,  if i stopped 3bb (as they cannot provide a service) how would it affect my friend whoes name the connection is in, (also she sign for her mum) dont want for her to get into trouble as it were., spoke to 2 residents (new condo)they both use their phones, on TRUE, not my idea of having a phone on for ever .  thankyou

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

You say you use 3BB and then write that 3BB say there is no service to the condo?

Anyway, if there is no 3BB service to the building/condo then 3BB need to do some work with manpower and materials  to provide a service for you, fiber optic cable, terminal unit and router. You need to check if the condo unit will allow 3BB to install the system.

Are you sure the 1500 baht is not the deposit and 1st month of service. We had to pay in advance such amount as a sort of guarantee to start the installation and the service is for a 1 year contract so they can recover their cost through the 1 year of service. If you stop the service earlier than 1 year there will also be a penalty fee to pay of about 4500 baht.

Depends what you want but you can also buy a 4G router, subscribe to a 4G internet package.

Is this in Bangkok?

Edited by userabcd

14 minutes ago, userabcd said:

You say you use 3BB and then write that 3BB say there is no service to the condo?

Sounds like he's about to move to a new condo to me.

Why pay the 1500 installation fee?

Well it's simple, he either pays the 1500 installation fee plus the remaining 9 months on the contract or just pays the remaining 9 months on the contract.

They won't care either way but without the installation in the new condo there will be no service. That contract will still need paying either way.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

You will need to confirm with the building owner that 3BB can, and will be allowed to, run the individual cable for your service. One condo building I was in they were not able to pull the service as the ancient PBX system would not support it. Another could pull the service, but refused to do so stating that their contract with the WiFi provider for the building prohibited it. Another I was able to pull service, but only ADSL, not fiber.

If you can pull the service, I would absolutely pay the 1,500 THB for it. Your internet will be a thousand times better than the WiFi being provided, and never dependent on the number of other WiFi users sucking up the limited bandwidth.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Sounds like he's about to move to a new condo to me.

Why pay the 1500 installation fee?

Well it's simple, he either pays the 1500 installation fee plus the remaining 9 months on the contract or just pays the remaining 9 months on the contract.

They won't care either way but without the installation in the new condo there will be no service. That contract will still need paying either way.

Thats it. 

I think 3BB will not start until they are paid upfront that 1500 baht deposit and 1st month fee, its not any money lost. But he should know that it would be a min 12 month contract otherwise there will be a penalty to pay for early termination of service.

yes the heading says i am moving, i have 3bb at my present condo, seems i continue with my 630 30 a month if you read i said 3bb is under a thai name, (they pay monthly not farang yearly contract) seems they just stop paying when they feel like it, lol same with anything be it scooter or car , thats how i got my cheap scooter, girl paid 4 times then just stopped, i bought from the bank (i digress) thanks for the input guys

management said 3bb is ok also THIP MANEE and BTV, never heard of them  have you, i think 3bb as not sure what my friend signed up for, if i discontinue their service. she might suffer, as this is a tecky site, can i sneak in 2 freebees, i have 2 remote dvd players recorders. FREE hope that is the right discription., 

well 3bb employees no different at ripping customers off, went to the shop yesterday, was told fee is 420 (their site) and lady said 1500 installation,  speak to the Guy in the shop, he said give me 100 ? now, (dont ask,) and the installation is 3000, (what happened to the 1500 ? )  have 3000 ready to give to the engineer, so that would be 1500 baht each then i presume, i was about to pipe up, but the lady with me seemed to except the 100% inflation, rip off,,  sigh !!!

Tread carefully I was in the same situation and few years back with these pri*ks.

Just signed new contract to have service connected to new house just rented.  Then a week later major construction (earth moving and 30 workers) started right next door.  I was able to get out of the rental lease and also decided to move to another town.  When I rented a place in the new town and contacted 3BB to reconnect the internet.  They said we cannot because there is no "node" in that area.  Then they told GF (internet contract in her name) she had to pay out remainder of year contract and if she didn't they would sue for money and damage her credit rating.  GF paid this amount from her own pocket. It was in the order of 5 or 7K I recall.

Anyway in the wake of that I looked for alternative internet solutions and found 12 month unlimited data sim cards.  You can get them from AIS, True and DTAC and they are much better value and have the priceless advantage of absolute portability.  I would never go back to hard line internet connection again.  

I've had 3BB for 10 years, whenever I move (3x), just a trip to their office, sign a 'move' form and they wire up the new place. I guess there may be a problem if you've only been with them 3 months, but for me excellent service.

I wouldn't move somewhere they didn't cover, easy to check first at their office.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I've had 3BB for 10 years, whenever I move (3x), just a trip to their office, sign a 'move' form and they wire up the new place. I guess there may be a problem if you've only been with them 3 months, but for me excellent service.

I wouldn't move somewhere they didn't cover, easy to check first at their office.

I live 20km from Khon Kaen City, after living on the outskirts of a big city for 10 years, I think it's very rural.

When we were looking to buy our land, the first call was to the 3BB office - they weren't even interested in looking it up on the map, they just confidently told me, "we cover everywhere in the province" and they do. It was a wasted trip.

When we moved to the rental, a short distance away, we called them, I stressed that I needed internet for work, they had 3 hedge monkeys stringing a fibre all the way down the not so short drive the following morning. 

• Like 2