Tank in printers

Aforek

Hello, I am used to HP ( before, Epson ) desk jet printers ; mine gets old now and I intend to buy a ink tank printer, HP or Canon ; for one time, I would like to try Canon 

there are some at Lazada and Invadeit , which one do you recommand ( my firs desire is save money with ink ) ? between 5000 and 10000 bahts , which lasts long 

I don't print much and especially in black

thanks 

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

If you mainly print in black then I would go for a LASER Printer

Edit: Something like this. Is an all-in, and has wifi and can do scan and copy!

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/brother-dcp-1610w-all-in-one-wifi-i2465405452-s8642039161.html

ok, I know Brother is good, too : there is only toner to change ? easier than ink !

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

About 2 years ago, I bought a brother Wifi laser printer - never looked back, I only print in B/W. I think it was 2500B.

I just bought my first toner refill, 199B. I also discovered you can have the toner tanks refllled.

same answer than above, I can consider  buying  a Brother laser ; do you have a link , please ?

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Aforek said:

ok, I know Brother is good, too : there is only toner to change ? easier than ink !

same answer than above, I can consider  buying  a Brother laser ; do you have a link , please ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/brother-hl-1210w-a4-mono-laser-printer-1-i3500483454-s13013144187.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.43.301d7800ztOkkC&search=1

I don't like combi scanners, the first Canon printer with aftermarket fitted tanks was a combi and there was one time I needed to scan something and because the ink cartridges were playing up it wouldn't let me scan. I bought a canon flatbed scanner, I have had 2 in 15 years.

No, the toner is a powder, like a photcopier.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/discount4u-tn-1000-tn1000-tn-1000-t1000-for-brother-mfc-1900-mfc-1905mfc-1915w-i3489489614-s12958824869.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.29.2f6f2f9dGTvoCT&search=1

I don't do a great deal of printing, just regular years printing - 3 copies of house book for Toyota along with bank statements, all the copies for the yearly extension, some spreadsheets and plans for architect meetings, etc, but not a great deal - the original tank lasted for 2 years. You can get the toner tanks filled, pulling a figure out of my behind, 100B

I think the drum can get dirty and you need to clean or replace, that's another 200B or so, but you dont need to buy brother, OEM are available.

Both just clip in and out, no mess, no rubber gloves, no ink on the carpet. 

You can buy a HP laser for cheaper, but I read about brother printers here and just went with it. A great recommendation from Stocky, I think.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

but I read about brother printers here and just went with it. A great recommendation from Stocky, I think.

I have them both

Brother DCP-T500W (Ink Jet) and the DCP-1610W (Laser)

I mainly print from the Laser, but I am keeping the Ink Jet because the scanner is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.

printers.jpg.48d8324ce8d4f698e2d792dcfc5f298c.jpg

14 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I have them both

Brother DCP-T500W (Ink Jet) and the DCP-1610W (Laser)

I mainly print from the Laser, but I am keeping the Ink Jet because the scanner is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.

printers.jpg.48d8324ce8d4f698e2d792dcfc5f298c.jpg

What about toner and drums?

Like I say, I only bought one, a third party one, ran a couple of test prints and its, err black ... works fine.

Do you buy official brother toner?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Do you buy official brother toner?

When I bought mine, I got another (3rd Party) one for free but it's still in it's box so I am still using the one that came with the printer.

toner.jpg.0760734164c0772bbd7cf9cfcb5a24a0.jpg

Edited by MJCM
Added Picture
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Some of the cheaper Brother laser printers don't have the capability to print envelopes. I found that out the hard way after buying a Brother HL 1210w. 

But what about stickers. I never tried to print envelopes on either my laser or inkjet, but what about Stickers?

17 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But what about stickers. I never tried to print envelopes on either my laser or inkjet, but what about Stickers?

It does print stickers and that's the solution I landed on. But I find stickers are a bit fiddly to print and the result, while serviceable, does not look as good as printing directly on envelopes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJCM said:

I posted a link to Lazada Brother Printer in the 2nd post

I know, I have seen it  ;  I asked recom 273 

maybe a mod could change the title, because now we speak of " laser printers "  or " brother laser printers " 

Edited by Aforek

5 hours ago, Aforek said:

I know, I have seen it  ;  I asked recom 273 

maybe a mod could change the title, because now we speak of " laser printers "  or " brother laser printers " 

It's up 2 u. Do you want recommendations for a Inkjet Printer as I have them both?

The Brother DCP-T500W Inkjet I most certainly can recommend, Wireless, Good Quality Scanner, takes any ink (refill)!

Yep Sorry again Brother, I also thought about HP but after reading that HP can disable that your printer works with NON HP printer cartridges, I stopped and bought the Brother and it has served me well!!

And another thing the Brother (as I already said) takes any ink, and no need for new cartridges etc etc so if you want to go for a Inkjet go for one that you can refill yourself

Example:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/canon-printer-inkjet-pixma-g3010-print-inktank-scan-copy-wifi_usb-2-1-___-color-fly-1-i332032233-s639120716.html

Edited by MJCM
Added link

True for HP; my  printer  doesn't accept non HP cartridges 

thanks for  all these informations, so many different printers ! but I admit that after all, I can choose a Brother laser printer