Ban chang hotel

Felt 35

Ban chang. Are there any local TV members who know the area in Ban chang area and can recommend a good hotel near Serene Pla Resort? As the mentioned place is full the actual weekend? Been looking at a place called Seastar hotel and apartment facilities but when checking booking.com they did not accepted bookings there for now! Also looked at Kantary Hotel but seems to be even further away? Any info and recommendations welcome.

Thanks

Felt

3 hours ago, Will B Good said:

We always stay at the Lord Nelson.......nothing flash....but we like it.

Thanks I have looked there and had been perfect but also full and I actually do not find any availability there before late May. Hmm.....didn't know the tourism picked up that much????. Anyway I keep looking????

Felt

10 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Thanks I have looked there and had been perfect but also full and I actually do not find any availability there before late May. Hmm.....didn't know the tourism picked up that much????. Anyway I keep looking????

Felt

Mmmmm....sounds like they have closed down for now......lots on Booking.com show as 'fully booked'......they aren't, they have been mothballed for the foreseeable.

12 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Mmmmm....sounds like they have closed down for now......lots on Booking.com show as 'fully booked'......they aren't, they have been mothballed for the foreseeable.

The Lord Nelson is not closed, they are fully booked, lots of additional expat workers on the pier project. 

The others on the beach are the Play hotel and just along the road Royal Phala Cliff Beach Resort, The Kantary is new and quite nice but up in the town on Sukhumvit road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LennyW said:

The Lord Nelson is not closed, they are fully booked, lots of additional expat workers on the pier project. 

The others on the beach are the Play hotel and just along the road Royal Phala Cliff Beach Resort, The Kantary is new and quite nice but up in the town on Sukhumvit road.

Thanks, Btw, is the Play Hotel and Royal Phala Cliff Resort to be recommended, i.e. distance to Serene Pla Resort, overall standard, cleanliness etc,. 

Felt

On 3/15/2022 at 7:22 PM, LennyW said:

https://www.phalagoonresort.com/

It's on the main road in Phala

Edited by EVENKEEL

On 3/15/2022 at 8:33 AM, Felt 35 said:

Felt

https://www.phalagoonresort.com/

Worth a look, it's in the heart of Phala.

18 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Thanks, Btw, is the Play Hotel and Royal Phala Cliff Resort to be recommended, i.e. distance to Serene Pla Resort, overall standard, cleanliness etc,. 

Felt

I've stayed at Play Hotel a few times in 2020/21. Clean and functional. Good sea views. Reasonably priced and easy parking - nothing much nearby that's walkable though so best if you have a car or bike. If you want to see the standard of the room I made a short video HERE.

25 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

I've stayed at Play Hotel a few times in 2020/21. Clean and functional. Good sea views. Reasonably priced and easy parking - nothing much nearby that's walkable though so best if you have a car or bike. If you want to see the standard of the room I made a short video HERE.

A few months ago that place was a  quarantine hotel, all the garbage was bagged in bio-hazard bags. Yikes 

59 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Very short walk to Jacks bar, Jungle bar, Crab house, Open Mic, Phala Rib House, Micasa, 7/11, Mini Tesco, CJ's, loads of food stalls and coffee shops, markets, etc. unless you turn right coming out the hotel then nothing!

• Thanks 1