Sports Bars For High Performance Athletes

Hi,

I have a friend working at the English Institute of Sport (The Performance Centre) as a nutritionalist, some of her athletes are coming to Bkk to train (not quite sure on the why), and they are worried about where to source sports drinks & bars.

Pretty sure drinks are not any issue, every 7/11 has Gatorade, but bars are a bit more tricky, anyone know a good place to buy bars, typical brands are apparently Powerade, Gatorade etc.

Thanks

Justin

Advice your friend to tell the Athletes to stock up and bring the stuff with them. :D

Only a year plus ago you could get bars and gels at almost every serious dealer in sports equipment and also at Super Sport. Word is that the marked is to small and no money to make. (The marked is in fact greater than before)

I believe it’s the Thai FDA, which have tightened the import rules!

Some friends have tried to import this stuff from USA but the dealers don’t want to ship because they get it in return from the customs here. :o

Ive got friends who import them in Bulk for personal use and only . So if anyone wants any brand please pm me for more info :o

Brand:

Flavour:

Quantity : Depends on the product and minimum order

there aren't any good power bars or power brand you can find in any retail shop in Thailand. As most of the pro sportsmen and sportswomen import them for personal use.

Avaibility depends on the stock and next shipment

Edited by tytus