What Have I Done?

TBWG

Hi

Any help appreciated

Whilst blundering around on the computer I must have altered something as the computer automatically disconnects after a short period of inactivity. :D

A second attempt at blundering around failed to correct the situation.

Any Ideas? Ow, forgot to mention I am at the cutting edge of IT using windows 2000! :o

Thanks

TBWG :D

Not really forum support related.

I'll move this topic to the Computers & Technology forum, to see if you can get some answers there.

/Moved.

Thanks JD

I think all I need to know is the procedure to turn off or increase the the time out facility to indefinite.

Try as I might I can't seem to find it.

Thanks

TBWG :o

Edited by TBWG

I’m assuming you’re using dial up. Somewhere in your dial up settings there’s a “disconnect when idle for x minutes” setting. I think it may be in your dial up properties box.

I’m using XP and can’t find the setting but have used it in my pre XP and ADSL days. (I’d forget to disconnect when I left for work and come home to find my phone bill had increased drastically. The disconnect function saved me heaps)

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Try the following

Start ->Connect To ->Show all connections

Select the connexion you are using and right click. Click on properties and a dialogue box should open up, this depends on type of connexion. If there, select Options ->Redial Attempts ->Idle time before hanging up, set to never

Regards

Try the following

Start ->Connect To ->Show all connections

Select the connexion you are using and right click. Click on properties and a dialogue box should open up, this depends on type of connexion. If there, select Options ->Redial Attempts ->Idle time before hanging up, set to never

Regards

Thanks

I will give that a go.

TBWG :o