Thailand drops pre-departure RT-PCR tests for overseas arrivals, allows Songkran celebrations

snoop1130

5 hours ago, Puccini said:

Thank you, Polar Bear. I don't know how you do it, but I admire you for it. I am handicapped by the fact that I do not read and write Thai and have to rely on Google Translate.

I can't take any credit for it. A friend emailed it to me.

Well after a issue with the check-in staff at Heathrow over pre-departure test, we finally got here, T&G is not so bad, arrived at the hotel at about 18.00 took the PCR test and was told result by 01.00 am, it actually arrived at 03.00 all clear and free to go????????. Travelled to Buriram only to find that the local Ampur can decide what he wanted, and although the government said acceptable a PCR test and the statement that is TEST & GO, I then found out that I had to stay home for 2 days before I could leave my house. So welcome to Thailand the place that used to be known as the Land Of Smiles, it still holds the abbreviation L.O.S. but nowadays it stands for the Land Of  Scared people. ( But at least I made it home, and should be thankful for small mercy's.