Is Thailand ready for the digital economy?

webfact

W T F is digital economy ? 

Just read the whole article, and actually more confused, than reading just the title.  Economy, I think money, so does that mean, or I thought it did, no paper money, and digital transactions.

But then it rambles on, digital digital digital everything.  So quick answer ... NO, and hope it stays that way.  Love the tech advance, and long may it progress.  Just saw a news-blip about Gmap & earth crashing, along with the image of 1000's of motorist and delivery people all of the sudden, not knowing where they are, going or how to get there & back ???? ... where's that paper map at, oh  c r a p.

What govt, or commercial site hasn't been hacked.  They can't keep the simplest things safe.  And paying 'digitally', no, I like paper money.  CC and scanning apps non universal take too long for everything to transpire.  I saw people last night at the night market, paying for something scanning phones ... F F S ... just give them 20 baht for the damn cake, and move on.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What is the digital economy?

"The digital economy refers to all business activities that offer value to customers and society through digital inputs ranging from digital technologies and infrastructure to digital goods, services, and data. It features businesses that produce key products or services in digital and information technology sectors, and companies that develop market offers to meet demands for digital goods and services in other sectors." 

Don't notice any additional value in services offered, only increased demand for information to provide everywhere applying for things and increased monitoring by govt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Don't notice any additional value in services offered, only increased demand for information to provide everywhere applying for things and increased monitoring by govt.

Another reason I don't want 'digital' money, as if I p i s s someone special interest group/organization/govt off, they have the power deny access to my 'digital' money, as RU just found out.

Agree, it's all just more tracking & control of every aspect of our lives.  Couple decades from now, someone goes to buy a soft drink, and that purchase is flagged & denied, because your med records show high blood sugar.  Or you had your allotment of bacon this week.

Real life is starting to resemble movies, scary stuff.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I saw people last night at the night market, paying for something scanning phones ... F F S ... just give them 20 baht for the damn cake, and move on.

I think it's time to demand that all stores have a "Cash Only" aisle, like we used to have when credit cards were first introduced and people took 5 minutes to pay for a loaf of bread. Now we have kids with their cell phones trying to scan QR codes - or something - and take almost as long.

Edited by JetsetBkk
load > loaf
  • Like 1