Foreign (US/EU/UK) Magazine Subscriptions

FalangTingTong

Now that Kinokuniya has stopped stocking my go-to British magazine, I’m considering getting some subscriptions for various mags to be delivered to my Bangkok address, which is at a modern condominium building.  This would be for things from UK, USA and EU (Italy).

Does anyone here have experience with that?

Are there customs on print subscriptions?  Does it take an unreasonably long time (like more than an extra month) for things to arrive?  Do interesting items randomly go missing as was my experience in Eastern Europe?

My hunch is that all magazines will have the same problems, if any, because logistics is so centralized now, so I might as well just try one and extrapolate from that.  But This Being Thailand, perhaps the forum knows better.

Thanks in advance!

I've had a subscription to the Economist for many years.

If there is any mention of Thai royalty that issue will not be delivered and I get a one issue credit.

With the subscription I get a digital download capability, so on Friday I can read the new weeks copy. On my phone usually.

The hard copy will arrive anywhere from 1-3 weeks later, sometimes several issues at once, I just throw them in the garbage untill I stopped getting the hard copy.

Subscribe and go digital is my advice.

I subscribe to Private Eye.  (It's not available as a PDF).  It usually arrives about 10-14 days after publication.  The negative is that about a year ago the price was hiked dramatically thanks to Royal Mail.  UK subscription (1 year) is £40.00; Thailand subscription is now more than double that - £90.00.

• Thanks 1