If You Could Change One Thing In Issan...

Aujuba

if you want to start changing things, better to stay wherever you are now & not venture into bug infested Issan; simple as that! All those 'whining' farangs moaning about this & that in Thailand stating all things are wrong here & not like it is in the UK, States, Germany or Timbucktoo I say go back to wherever you came from; visiting & or living in Thailand is not mandatory.

WOW!!!

:o

Verrrryyy original.

Outstanding post!

Take a bow.

Howdy,

I would like it if the pot holes in the roads were smaller and futher apart. :o

Really would'nt change a thing :D

Chung *j*

Those potholes are carefully placed to make the motorcycle riders more skillful and to prevent them from falling asleep. They also serve to make riding a motorcycle a lot safer. The road to my favorite watering hole is bad enough in places that I have to nearly stop when driving the pickup truck.

I think I would change the spelling....it should be changed to E-saan.....gives it a more 21st century look...don't you think?

Actually... I prefer Isaan

totster :o

Right on!

This truly reflects the Thai spelling.

I'm sure if you ask someone from Issan if there is one thing he would like to change in Issan, he would be able to come up with something pretty quickly. By the way what do you call people from Issan in English? Issanites or Esanders or Esanese? Northeasterners?

..........Just amazing, but part of the deal I guess.

Looks like someone is going to adapt well.

For those that don't get it, those pesky bugs are part of the ecosystem. The ants and wasps are nature's recyclers and do eat other annoying insects. The birds that people love, eat those bugs in turn.

One way of dealing with the insects is to spray insecticide. Mind you, when the birds start to die and the animals that eat those birds die and the ground water is poisoned and then kids start showing up with a couple extra limbs or lovely deformities or predispositions to various cancers it's a bit of a drag. Another solution is to cut down the trees and pave over everything so it looks like your typical suburban development in Miami or Sydney. Mind you if they did that, you might as well have stayed at home.

Ants, snakes and other annoyances come with the turf. Please understand that as it was wisely stated, they are part of the deal.

Edited by geriatrickid

I know they'll be around. As for snakes bring em on! I love snakes. The lizards are cool too. The monitor lizards are great but sadly they are disappearing. But if you really want to keep Thailand as it should be they as that mean poster said all the farangs should leave! We are not part of natural Thailand. I'm just taking the piss out of it all. I'm not out to kill all the bugs here. I do go on a rampage once in a while. I'd rather toss the bug out the door most of the time than kill it. I guess the worst unBuddist thing I do is heat up some boiling water and pour it over the ant hills when they are swarming. What's worse I wonder, pesticide or death by boiling water? I guess there's a little evil in all of us.

I'm sure if you ask someone from Issan if there is one thing he would like to change in Issan, he would be able to come up with something pretty quickly. By the way what do you call people from Issan in English? Issanites or Esanders or Esanese? Northeasterners?

Thai!

I hope it never changes

and that is what is nice about falang living in issan they respect them, and i hope we do not get any of teh moaning guys,

if you do please move to chiang mai,phuket or pataya.

Dont you think just by moving to isaan we have brought about enough changes?? our contribution to changing the village, was digging a communal well and supplying a generator to provide electricity for the main buildings in the village,of yes we built a few bridges and roads in the Leong Nok Tha area,this was all in the early 60,s so it was long before the first ladies started introducing their foreign boy friends to Isaan village life!! I married my first wife in 1964, so I have watched with interest the changes over the years, one thing I would change though more pla raa(excuse the spelling) :D in the Som Tam, :o Nignoy

i agree about the somtam part

as for the bridges and what not, if made they shoudl be made the thai way archtecture and so on,

and i am not talking aboyt the postive things i am talking about the negative from eth western world.

when it rains and teh electricty goes out i live that.

and i belive you know what i mean by not changing it :o