If You Could Change One Thing In Issan...

Aujuba

If you could change one thing in Issan what would it be?

For me, I would definitely have to get rid of all the bugs. There are way to many bugs up there. Unless your house is sealed off from the outside world 100% the bugs get in. There are ants all over the place inside and outside the house. I always find termites munching around the house somewhere. Mosquitoes are a constant pain in the butt. When it rains those darn may fly like bugs swarm and fly towards any light. They end up all over the place and their wings are a pain to clean up. Then there are the tiny bugs that swarm regularly too. Those buggers get into the lamp fixtures outside and around the house so every couple months we've got to take the housings apart to clean out the dead bugs inside. I hate all the darn bugs! Did I say I hate bugs falling into the wok while we are cooking!!! So one thing I would like to not see would be the freakin' insects.

Any thoughts?

For me, I would definitely have to get rid of all the bugs. There are way to many bugs up there. Unless your house is sealed off from the outside world 100% the bugs get in. There are ants all over the place inside and outside the house. I always find termites munching around the house somewhere. Mosquitoes are a constant pain in the butt. When it rains those darn may fly like bugs swarm and fly towards any light. They end up all over the place and their wings are a pain to clean up. Then there are the tiny bugs that swarm regularly too. Those buggers get into the lamp fixtures outside and around the house so every couple months we've got to take the housings apart to clean out the dead bugs inside. I hate all the darn bugs! Did I say I hate bugs falling into the wok while we are cooking!!! So one thing I would like to not see would be the freakin' insects.

Any thoughts?

Go native. Eat the bugs. Those flying termites are good pan fried. Sans wings of course. Pure protein.

if you want to start changing things, better to stay wherever you are now & not venture into bug infested Issan; simple as that! All those 'whining' farangs moaning about this & that in Thailand stating all things are wrong here & not like it is in the UK, States, Germany or Timbucktoo I say go back to wherever you came from; visiting & or living in Thailand is not mandatory.

if you want to start changing things, better to stay wherever you are now & not venture into bug infested Issan; simple as that! All those 'whining' farangs moaning about this & that in Thailand stating all things are wrong here & not like it is in the UK, States, Germany or Timbucktoo I say go back to wherever you came from; visiting & or living in Thailand is not mandatory.

As if on cue... :o

totster :D

Nothing, just nothing. Am in love with this place for more than 20 years and feel like in a big family. You know there are some do-no-gooders around, but you accept them (and the fact that they are unchangeable). I feel the same way about Isaan.

Excuse me Mr, but the O.P. opened a fairly good discussion, (probably following my prompt) about ONE thing you could change about Isaan. It was not a thread called " Why I hate Thailand, yet still live here"

And never forget, Sonny, the ONE thing you hate about Thailand, or Isaan, is infinately better than the hundreds of things people hate about their home countries, prompting them to come here. :o

Thinking, thinking, thinking. Love the food, love the women (woman) :D , love the life. Bugs are delicious! Ok, not so fond of the snakes and spiders. :D

Jeez Ken..........wot's wrong with you? Normally it would be " Love the beer, love the food, love the beer, love the woman,love the beer, love the life, love the beer. Anything else? Oh yeah, almost forgot. Love the beer. :o:D

Issan personally would change nothing, I have a choice of Farang food on or out the home and THai Food.

Got a Family, got more mates in THailand and a Lot have come from Thia visa .

Apart from battling with the ants I aint got no problems.

Life is wonderful

Issan personally would change nothing, I have a choice of Farang food on or out the home and THai Food.

Life is wonderful

Wot about the nose?

Where I come from a " fruit " is slang for a man that LIKES another man in an unsavoury way....

Any thoughts?

You have a good point,

the ants are not just confined to Isaan though. I had some trouble dealing with them on my first trip to Thailand.

Last trip to the sticks upcountry, somebody stood on a paving block just outside the door and a few thousand black ants materialized from under it. Within minutes the things were everywhere.

A local turned up with some poison chalk ( like the blackboard stuff ) and rubbed it around a bit and they were gone. Not dead but gone.

Smaller ants crawl around the table while you are eating and you just get used to them. Its a bit like - who is the fastest -.

While we were in Ubon we stayed at a very nice place called Orathai Mansion. It is a good 30 mins south of Ubon. One night we came home and there were thousands of wasps crashing into the lights around the accomodation. They were everywhere and we had to take the long way to our door.

Just amazing, but part of the deal I guess.

Life is wonderful

Wot about the nose?

Your only jealous because its a wonder of the universe and you belly aint :o

If You Could Change One Thing In Issan..., What would it be?

ILLITERATION of course ! but I think it depend on Thai Govt.... .

Thai people coming from countryside ISAAN are really friendly and hard workers, but they need some help from Thai Govt.: they need schools and teachers first that increase Literation.

Loei province gets pretty cold in the winter and is hot in the summer. I would add the winter temperature and the summer temperature together and divide by two. The same temperature year round would be wonderful.

The OP is interested in some positive changes for Isaan, there must be many. What is wrong with that fruity?

Some sods do not want to do the hard work of making the world a better place. They always have a reason why not to do something.

Excuse me Mr, but the O.P. opened a fairly good discussion, (probably following my prompt) about ONE thing you could change about Isaan. It was not a thread called " Why I hate Thailand, yet still live here"

And never forget, Sonny, the ONE thing you hate about Thailand, or Isaan, is infinately better than the hundreds of things people hate about their home countries, prompting them to come here. :o

Been a long time since anyone called me SONNY; Guess you are really old? Angry too! Reckon you need to change the tablets.

OK point taken; one thing I would like to change about Issan is the number of geriatric old farang fools who reside here, with so much time on their hands that they sit at their computers being offensive!

OK Grandpa, stick to making your meat pies!

Thinking, thinking, thinking. Love the food, love the women (woman) :D , love the life. Bugs are delicious! Ok, not so fond of the snakes and spiders. :D

Jeez Ken..........wot's wrong with you? Normally it would be " Love the beer, love the food, love the beer, love the woman,love the beer, love the life, love the beer. Anything else? Oh yeah, almost forgot. Love the beer. :o:D

Geeeeez! You're right!

post-171-1181948990.gif

And never forget, Sonny, the ONE thing you hate about Thailand, or Isaan, is infinately better than the hundreds of things people hate about their home countries, prompting them to come here. :D

Been a long time since anyone called me SONNY; Guess you are really old? Angry too! Reckon you need to change the tablets.

OK point taken; one thing I would like to change about Issan is the number of geriatric old farang fools who reside here, with so much time on their hands that they sit at their computers being offensive!

OK Grandpa, stick to making your meat pies!

Jasus... That would make Sulin a very quiet place... :o

Totster :D

Where I come from a " fruit " is slang for a man that LIKES another man in an unsavoury way....

Is that so? Well I suppose, each to his own. Where I come from VEGE is slang for vegetable; need I say more? a MITE is , of course, a very small parasitic insect.......