Cash advance cash wihdrawal with credit card

Easy enough to find  

https://www.xn--gebhrenfrei-vhb.de/faq

Is there a daily limit for cash withdrawals

For security reasons, there is a daily limit on how much you can use your card. You can make up to 5 cash withdrawals per day up to a maximum of €1,000 (depending on the credit limit/draft limit).

No clue if that means a maximum of 5,000 euros, as it doesn't say "each".

When and why does interest/fees accrue?

Cash withdrawals always accrue interest from the transaction date. Interest is calculated on a daily basis, i.e. from the day of withdrawal until the day on which we receive your repayment.

On 3/28/2022 at 8:38 AM, stat said:

Pls read my post! I am talking about a cash withdrawal at the COUNTER NOT AT AN ATM. 60% of the posters do not understand the difference, nehevertheless keep on rambling.

And you should understand that no one is familiar with what happens at every bank, yourself included.

Around 20 years ago I used to get a counter withdrawal from my credit card every time I came, then I think about 15 years ago I came one time and went to the same bank with the same credit card and was told they no longer did cash advances at the counter, had to use an ATM.

After that I just did a transfer from my HSBC account, initially that was £17 then some years ago it was reduced to £4 for the transaction, but recently increased to £5. I also have a Wise card but the difference in fees is not worth changing.

On 4/10/2022 at 10:00 AM, sandyf said:

And you should understand that no one is familiar with what happens at every bank, yourself included.

Around 20 years ago I used to get a counter withdrawal from my credit card every time I came, then I think about 15 years ago I came one time and went to the same bank with the same credit card and was told they no longer did cash advances at the counter, had to use an ATM.

After that I just did a transfer from my HSBC account, initially that was £17 then some years ago it was reduced to £4 for the transaction, but recently increased to £5. I also have a Wise card but the difference in fees is not worth changing.

You should understand the difference between what YOU do yourself in a bank ie if you do an ATM Transaction or if you go the counter.

On 4/10/2022 at 9:17 AM, mtls2005 said:

Easy enough to find  

https://www.xn--gebhrenfrei-vhb.de/faq

Is there a daily limit for cash withdrawals

For security reasons, there is a daily limit on how much you can use your card. You can make up to 5 cash withdrawals per day up to a maximum of €1,000 (depending on the credit limit/draft limit).

No clue if that means a maximum of 5,000 euros, as it doesn't say "each".

When and why does interest/fees accrue?

Cash withdrawals always accrue interest from the transaction date. Interest is calculated on a daily basis, i.e. from the day of withdrawal until the day on which we receive your repayment.

Yes you are right 1000€ daily limit is on the homepage, must have missed it, thanks! Regarding interest accrual, it is easy to circumvent by placing money in your account. Some people mentioned that the bank refuses to accept money upfront but so far I had no problem runnung my cc account with a positive balance to the tune of 1K to 3K in the green.

21 hours ago, stat said:

You should understand the difference between what YOU do yourself in a bank ie if you do an ATM Transaction or if you go the counter.

Obviously you had some difficulty with this sentence.

"Around 20 years ago I used to get a counter withdrawal from my credit card every time I came".

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Obviously you had some difficulty with this sentence.

"Around 20 years ago I used to get a counter withdrawal from my credit card every time I came".

You should just have tried another bank or branch! I was refering to some posters at the beginning who rambled about the cost of ATM withdrawal when I was clearly stating Cash withwal at counter. Here you come and state it was not possible to do cw at one bank so you were forced to do ATM withdrawal.

21 hours ago, stat said:

You should just have tried another bank or branch! I was refering to some posters at the beginning who rambled about the cost of ATM withdrawal when I was clearly stating Cash withwal at counter. Here you come and state it was not possible to do cw at one bank so you were forced to do ATM withdrawal.

I was merely pointing out that some banks stopped counter withdrawal some years ago so probably many on the forum that had no idea of what you were talking about. 

Your original post may have been quite clear to you, that does not mean it was clear to others.