What would you do if a 14 Year old Thai guy called you a cheating Dirty Farang?

falangUK

3 minutes ago, dj230 said:

how well do you know the kid? you coach him in basketball, does he always talk like this? 

Hmm, good questions ???? ,

how well do you know the kid?

I don't know him all that well. Only for about 2 months. 

Does he always talk like this? 

no he is aloof, I try to to very friendly with everyone. He does shot at the other like that at times. 

Edited by falangUK

52 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

The gf may be 100% right "culturally" that it was your fault for the outburst, not the cheating depending on HOW you called him on it.

What to do about it - it's too late to "mend fences" if they haven't been already so just "pretend" the whole process never existed. There was never any coaching, never any outburst, never even met the kid and move along with your life.

Treat him like a snake encountered in the forest. "My Way, Your Way" is how the wife explained it to me. Means simply don't mess with things that might bite you. 

Thanks for a well balanced and a well thought out response ????

This is a good general structure for me to apply for many other uncomfortable situations in life.

BTW is the wife Thai? Didn't even know Thais had  "My Way, Your Way" thing.

Thanks again! owe you lots of beers ????

Edited by falangUK

32 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I would stop coaching him and never have anything to do with him again.

If his friends (if he has any) all start causing trouble then I'd just walk away and never do any of these ungreatful morons any kind of service ever again.

Don't go out of your way to help those who clearly hate you, ever.

Thank you so much for the advice ???? 

Yup truly ungrateful, unfriendly, disrespectful, stupid and lazy. Characteristics for a great future ???? 

Young males teens to 20s are the demographic group that in my experience are most likely to be jerks.

Amateur coaches, (which I am guessing is what you are) often have difficulty providing correction in a way that young people consider it to be "constructive criticism".  Even pros, witness the famous mega jerk basketball coach Bobby Knight.

Add in cultural misunderstanding and it becomes a minefield.

As others have advised, walk away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Young males teens to 20s are the demographic group that in my experience are most likely to be jerks.

Amateur coaches, (which I am guessing is what you are) often have difficulty providing correction in a way that young people consider it to be "constructive criticism".  Even pros, witness the famous mega jerk basketball coach Bobby Knight.

Add in cultural misunderstanding and it becomes a minefield.

As others have advised, walk away.

Don't walk, run. The brat's loss.

• Like 1