Recommendations for Car wrapping?

FolkGuitar

I don't know about car wrapping except for advertising purposes.  If the wrap is clear perhaps it is ok.  If it has a pattern to it, I would be concerned about fading over time and if in an accident having to replace the entire wrap on the car because replacing only the damaged portion would likely show shading differences. 

Fortunately, I don't need to have a car wrapped. Or a bike.

I want to get a motorcycle helmet wrapped! We couldn't find a good quality helmet, neither in fiberglass nor carbon fiber in the size or head shape needed for my wife, in any color other than black. And black helmets get hot in the Thai sun... so... the plan is to get the helmet wrapped in white or silver. I don't know how long it will last, but as it shouldn't be very expensive to use less than a square meter of wrapping, getting it re-done every 2-3 years wouldn't be a problem.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I want to get a motorcycle helmet wrapped! We couldn't find a good quality helmet, neither in fiberglass nor carbon fiber in the size or head shape needed for my wife, in any color other than black. And black helmets get hot in the Thai sun... so... the plan is to get the helmet wrapped in white or silver. I don't know how long it will last, but as it shouldn't be very expensive to use less than a square meter of wrapping, getting it re-done every 2-3 years wouldn't be a problem.

You could try doing it yourself 270 baht for 3mtrs on Lazada light blue or silver but i don't see white.     If you change the colour of a vehicle it also has to be changed in the book.

On a side note vehicle radiators are all black as it radiates more heat.

3 hours ago, Daffy D said:

There is a new way of Wrapping a car called Plasti Dip.

It's way cheaper than  vinyl and supposedly just as good and you can just peel it off when fed up with it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=plasti+dip+car&oq=plasti+dip&sclient=gws-wiz

Does it work as well on my girlfriend?

I am a bit tired of her looks.

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2022 at 10:09 PM, FolkGuitar said:

Wrap Monster also wrap helmets. I have a few friends who have done this. You don't have to settle for just white... they can print any pattern or photo on the vinyl as well.

41 minutes ago, kilt said:

Wrap Monster also wrap helmets. I have a few friends who have done this. You don't have to settle for just white... they can print any pattern or photo on the vinyl as well.

That's great to hear! We just want the helmet plain white to make it a bit cooler in the Thai sun, and more easily seen by other drivers... should they happen to be looking while driving.  Thanks for the referral!