Thai police asked to be cautious when dealing with people growing cannabis

snoop1130

12 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Hey muppets.

Debate the law. Then legislate. Then enforce.

It's not that difficult. More advanced countries have been doing it for centuries. Just copy us again and pretend "certain people" invented it if it makes you feel better about yourselves.

Spot on if you expect the rule of law equally applied. I don't see that as a stated objective in Thailand. Unmet, unshared expectations are a source of suffering.

I mean, in all honesty, it was silly to remove Cannabis from the level 5 category BEFORE passing the associated law(s), and publicizing it BEFORE (120 days) it came into law.

There is a lengthy draft of the proposed law floating around, but I haven't seen nor heard about much debate or parliamentary progress.

That law needs to promulgated before June 1, I think, as this is required in the decree already gazetted. But thai law is fluid so who knows.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Where is the confusion? Ganga is still illegal. Asking the RTP to give up the massive income stream from arrests, and threats of arrests, is like asking Chang to lower it's beer prices.

It is like asking the Highway patrol to actually patrol the highways, and pull people over for reckless driving.

It is like asking this administration to consider the welfare of the people, over money and power. 

It just will not happen. Not until they man up and realize that alcohol is 50x more dangerous, and destructive to society than pot, and legalize it's recreational use. 

The confusion comes when desperado publicity hounds like Anutin continue lying, and creating false impressions, when nothing has really changed. 

same same with the burning in the north.  too much of a good revenue flow for the cops.

"The Royal Thai Police has been asked to educate its officers across the country about the new legal status of cannabis and hemp, following the arrests of two elderly women growing the plant."

Now there's a job and a a half! How about educating them in a bit of tolerance, or a friendly warning or two?