Thai Bank Online Access SMS Authentication to USA Phone Number?

Does anyone know of a Thai Bank that you can use a USA phone number to SMS Authenticate with when accessing your account? Or alternatively a Thai bank that uses 2FA authentication with an app like Google Authenticator or Authy instead of SMS.

I'm currently banking at Siam Commercial bank but I cannot access my account from the USA because account access requires an SMS authentication and they will only authenticate to a Thai Mobile number.  They don't support USA phone numbers.  

10 hours ago, Bangkok Bro said:

Does anyone know of a Thai Bank that you can use a USA phone number to SMS Authenticate with when accessing your account?

No.

Or alternatively a Thai bank that uses 2FA authentication with an app like Google Authenticator or Authy instead of SMS.

No, not currently.

Can you share any background? Using the SCB Easy app, or web portal? What are you trying to do? Transfer, Trade (SET), or pay a bill?

Do you have a thai mobile number on record with SCB?

I could not use the app on a new thai phone number until I registered it with SCB.

I'm currently banking at Siam Commercial bank but I cannot access my account from the USA because account access requires an SMS authentication and they will only authenticate to a Thai Mobile number. 

Is this because you are presenting a non Thai IP address?

I can access my SCB account via the app and web without any 2FA. 2FA (SMS) was required to install the app initially.

In theory/practice, assuming you had a thai mobile number registered with SCB, and had international roaming and/or WiFi calling enabled, you could receive a 2FA SMS OTP in the U.S. 

from https://cms.scbsonline.com/2FA/2FA_detail.html

Prepare before using 2FA

Due to 2-Step Authentication (2FA), OTP must be used via the mobile phone number that the customer has informed to the company. Therefore, if the customer's phone number is incorrect or is a foreign number will not be able to access the investment system If the customer has changed their mobile phone number or using a foreign number Please update your mobile phone number with SCBS up to date. and is a mobile phone number in Thailand only and recommend that you act immediately

Edited by mtls2005