Monthly Income Requirements

Basso53

I have just done a test run of using both Remitly and XE currency from Melbourne to my fiancees Bangkok Bank in Chiangmai to see if those transactions were noted as being transferred from a foreign source or words to that effect. Both entries stated "Transferred From Another Bank". Is there someone who can recommend a way of transferring into a Thai Bank which would show that the money is being transferred from outside Thailand ? I intend either using a Marriage or Retirement Extension showing either 40K or 65k each month rather that tying up 400k or 800k in the Bank.

Cheers Mate.

23 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Transfer direct from Melbourne bank to Bangkok Bank using SWIFT.  Send AUD then Bangkok Bank will convert to Baht when received.

If you choose this method it is very important that you send only AUD do not convert to Thb,let Bankok bank do the conversion

Edited by norbra

Use Wise like most people here.  If you select reason for transfer as long stay in Thailand it should arrive at "FTT" at your (you need account in your name only) Bangkok Bank account.  Although this has failed a few times over the years if you ask Wise to "Tag" that Bangkok Bank account it should be almost fail safe.  In worst cast you can obtain paperwork confirming origin from the other Thai bank making the transfer into BBL account.

• Like 1