New STV 2months after previous STV - doable?

Hi guys, 

I'm unfortunately not in retirement-age hence STV is the only legally viable option for me to stay long term in Thailand. Actually, I have been very satisfied with the STV to be honest. 

I'm heading back to my home country as we speak, after a 9 month run. Would I be pressing my luck if apply and travel with a STV in 2 months again already? In regards to Immigration at BKK Airport, that is. 

As the STV is specifically designed for longer stays and comes with a stringent set of rules and requirements not unlike other longstay visas, refusing to stamp you in for "staying in Thailand for too long" would be a stretch even for a particularly overzealous IO. I'd be very surprised if you had any issues. 

• Like 2

One thing to consider. I believe the STV is supposed to end 30th September, the same as it was last year. If this does happen not sure you would get your full 9 months out of it. I had this problem last year but the scheme was extended. Very confusing at the time. I am not 100% on this but worth checking out.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

One thing to consider. I believe the STV is supposed to end 30th September, the same as it was last year. If this does happen not sure you would get your full 9 months out of it. I had this problem last year but the scheme was extended. Very confusing at the time. I am not 100% on this but worth checking out.

Yes, good point. Last year, the made several statements that it would not be extended and then, one day before it was set to permanently end, it was extended another year. Hopefully it will become a permanent scheme. 

Thank you all for your feedback.