Thai lady, does she need MFA stamp

A possible sudden issue just hit me, I visit the uk embassy in the morning  for my affirmation certificate and then translation etc. 

My wife to be is Thai but she was married to an Australian who died in Australia. She has his death certificate which is in English which we intend to get translated into Thai along with mine tomorrow. But does she also need the MFA stamp as I do. 
A quick answer would be most helpful and many thanks for doing so. 

The answer to that would be Yes.  Any translated document transliterated into Thai and to be used at a local Amphur requires a seal added to the document by the MFA unfortunately.  To me it is just a plane money grab, but then I had to go through all of that with my divorce documents prior to getting married, and when we divorced here in Thailand after being divorced in the US my now Thai ex had to do the same with those documents in order to get divorced here......and then to register her new marriage to her new American Husband who she had also married in the US.

On 3/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, ThailandRyan said:

The answer to that would be Yes.  Any translated document transliterated into Thai and to be used at a local Amphur requires a seal added to the document by the MFA unfortunately.  To me it is just a plane money grab, but then I had to go through all of that with my divorce documents prior to getting married, and when we divorced here in Thailand after being divorced in the US my now Thai ex had to do the same with those documents in order to get divorced here......and then to register her new marriage to her new American Husband who she had also married in the US.

Documents are translated, not transliterated. 

Also, I don't think there is any law about the provincial hall/khets needing MoFA approval, based on my giving many translated documents. Sometimes they asked for certified translations, which don't actually exist as there is no certifying body for translators in Thailand. It think it's entirely up to the office. I remember getting a housebook from Lopburi, where they asked for no MOFA authentication.  But another in Bangkok asked for my parents passports to be certified, but accepted the translation by myself, after I had explained the certifying body thing.  However, when showing my birth certificate, they wanted a stamp from the Thai embassy in London and authentication from MoFA. 

Edited by Neeranam

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Documents are translated, not transliterated. 

Also, I don't think there is any law about the provincial hall/khets needing MoFA approval, based on my giving many translated documents. Sometimes they asked for certified translations, which don't actually exist as there is no certifying body for translators in Thailand. It think it's entirely up to the office. I remember getting a housebook from Lopburi, where they asked for no MOFA authentication.  But another in Bangkok asked for my parents passports, translated by myself. 

However, I have been on the receiving end of having to have the translated copy attached to the original document and then certified and stamped at the MOFA for many things.  One was my Passport for my Yellow book back in the day, the other for getting married and then the needing it certified and stamped for the divorce.  Additionally, the US needed the NOFA stamp on the now original copies and translations for the visa process to the US for the now ex-wife and daughter at the time...of course YMMV, but why take the chance and not have it in the first place and cause other timing issues......just like showing up for the annual extension of stay with more than is needed in case they ask for it and you do not have it and have to waste another day obtaining the documents.