Shanghai lockdown could impact Thai logistics firms

webfact

screenshot_17238.jpg

By Panithan Onthaworn

The recent city-wide lockdown imposed in Shanghai, a key financial and manufacturing hub of China, will likely have an impact on sentiment of the logistics sector, analysts said on Monday.

Analysts at KTB Securities predicted in a research note that the shipping and logistics sector would see a brief impact from the lockdown measures in Shanghai as it’s one of the world’s busiest container ports. 

“Shipping operations will be halted due to a sudden lack of demand,” KTB analyst Amnart Ngosawang, explained.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/38975/shanghai-lockdown-could-impact-thai-logistics-firms/

TE

-- © Copyright Thai Enquirer 2022-03-29

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

China seems to be struggling to cope with it's home grown virus..

one would think they'd have all the answers?

There was a young lady from China,

Who smiled as she rode on a tiger,

They returned from the ride,

With the lady inside,

And the smile on the face of the tiger ...

• Haha 2

The condos they stopped building 2 years ago for the Chinese buyers next to Topps in Soi Khao Noi is basically now just a rotting wasteland with an overgrown and concrete crumbling lift shaft protruding from the fauna !

Chinese wont be back for 5 years at best with their current nonsense

Talk about saving face.......this whole farce of locking down in China is because it was the policy adopted by Winnie the Pooh as the solution to covid19 spreading.

The policy must now be enforced ad infinitum and be seen to work

Imagine having to turn to the EU/US and ask for mRNA vaccines!!!!

I used to do export work from China. I have friends in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Shanghai. One has told me that they've not even had 1 vaccination shot to date. This was as of yesterday. The number of cases and deaths that China announces should be viewed with skepticism. I'm not sure what all of this means, but something is going to hit the fan at some point soon!

• Like 1