Another one bites the dust.

In NZ it's no longer necessary to "sign in" when going in shops ( unless the shop owner's want it ). Considering still many cases of covid every day was it ever necessary?

Hopefully the mask mandate will be the next thing to go. People that want to wear them will still be able to buy masks to use.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If no more contact tracing no need for signing. With omicron it doesnt matter, but with the previous strains (and possibly with the future ones), tracing pinpoints superspreaders, which are the most dangerous, because they dont have symptoms. 

But covid applications are much more effective. 
if only mor chana and several others were secure and higher quality, many more people would trust them. 
unfortunately, there are substandard, often stop working

• Like 1

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

If no more contact tracing no need for signing. With omicron it doesnt matter, but with the previous strains (and possibly with the future ones), tracing pinpoints superspreaders, which are the most dangerous, because they dont have symptoms. 

But covid applications are much more effective. 
if only mor chana and several others were secure and higher quality, many more people would trust them. 
unfortunately, there are substandard, often stop working

The signing in in NZ was done on bits of paper if one didn't have one of those phones, and one can guess how many just scribbled on it to look like they were complying. Supermarkets must have had a problem sorting and storing thousands of bits of paper and were not slow to stop as soon as allowed to.

Probably sounded like a good idea, given they couldn't force anyone to buy one of those phones, but I doubt it did much good.

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I have never signed in or out, oh once i did and put my car number. I can never remember my phone number its left in the car when i shop.

I always pointed my switched off phone at the QR, paused, then walked in.

Security always seemed happy with that.

• Like 2