Phuket Retirement Visa Agent Recommendation

Considering first - time in- country Agent Package for Retirement OA Visa / Extension / No Financials / 15 Months /Reporting / MERP/ Phuket Stamps. (No Advice or Questions, please  !)

recommendations & total cost please for a best reliable proven stable Phuket Agent ?   Cost Reduction for Non- Phuket Stamps ?

NB: Understand the 12 month extension of stay expiry date can be extended by six months by exit/ ReEntry just before expiry ? How does that process work exactly ? 

many thanks & much obliged chaps.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Understand the 12 month extension of stay expiry date can be extended by six months by exit/ ReEntry just before expiry ? How does that process work exactly ? 

There is no 6 month extension that you can get by leaving and entering the country before your extension expires.

I am not aware of any agents in Phuket so I cannot help with that question.

• Like 2

OP, bit confused.

You mention 

1 hour ago, TropicalGuy said:

first - time in- country Agent Package for Retirement OA Visa

Not sure what that means.

Agent cannot obtain a non O-A.

Did you enter Thailand with a non O-A you obtained in your own country?.

As for extensions being done in Phuket by agent.......I'm not aware of any that would have stamping in Phuket.

Perhaps try Phuket forum..

• Like 1

I think you should read this topic in Phuket forum.
Several agents are recommended there.

Originally, I got NON-Immi visa from Penang, Malaysia.
And then, I live in Phuket for several years with 1 year extension as retirement.
I do not use agent. I do extension by myself.

1) Prepare documents.
2) Go to Phuket immigration office and submit passport and other documents.
3) Pay THB 1900 and get receipt.
4) Next working day, receive pass port with new stamp of 1 year.

We do not have to leave Thai. All can be done in Phuket.
For extension, re-entry permit is not required.
Of course, If you leave Thai, you should get re-entry permit.
Extension is for 1 year, not 6 month.

In case you entered into Thai without visa or with tourist visa,
first you should convert your category of permission to stay from tourist to retirement.

Agent can do these and reporting for you with certain fee.

Edited by XD1 at Phuket
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

TMT Agent given thanks from topic three months ago ! Looks cheaper than the good agent I already visited. I did request “ no advice / no questions” guys, ONLY agent name ! ????

Your OP is confused and in error.

You state this......

"first - time in- country Agent Package for Retirement OA Visa.."

You or agent cannot obtain a non O-A in Thailand.

Thinking you mean .....agent for extension to non O-A.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

TMT Agent given thanks from topic three months ago ! 

Please be advised, you will not get a Phuket stamp with them. They will send your passport up country -  Usually 3-4 weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Please be advised, you will not get a Phuket stamp with them. They will send your passport up country -  Usually 3-4 weeks.

Yes, you won't get a Phuket stamp for a no-financials 15 month agent package.  It will be done upcountry not at Phuket immigration.   I don't know what Phuket immigration's attitude is if you subsequently want to get your extension of stay in Phuket.  It may or may not be possible; you may be told to just continue using your agent. 

It may usually take 3-4 weeks but my friend just got his visa/extension through an agent and it took over 100 days.  I don't know why anyone would willing get involved with an agent unless there was no other way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes, you won't get a Phuket stamp for a no-financials 15 month agent package.  It will be done upcountry not at Phuket immigration.   I don't know what Phuket immigration's attitude is if you subsequently want to get your extension of stay in Phuket.  It may or may not be possible; you may be told to just continue using your agent. 

It may usually take 3-4 weeks but my friend just got his visa/extension through an agent and it took over 100 days.  I don't know why anyone would willing get involved with an agent unless there was no other way.

Thank you very much Red Army & Skatewash ! Process Confidence Levels boosted ! 

Agent Integrity Vital Here as my Passport & Visa Handling is Critical.

Especially if I am to retain Agent longterm !

Already Have an Excellent Highly  Recommended Lawyer / Agent, 

Phuket Law & Visa, advised here by Red Army referral to January post !
As was TMT Visa.

PLV possibly Expensive. one week turnaround service. Non- Phuket Stamps. 50k Total (Visa 20k; 1st Extn. 30k);  All Reporting Included. Multiple REP at Imm. Cost ( 3.8k).

Will enquire also at TMT Visa tomorrow as they might be 11k cheaper for identical required service. PLV do offer Phuket Stamps at higher price ( probably sky high / will find out tomorrow).

PLV will also advise Price for 2nd Extn. after 15 months. And if they can get a 2nd Family Visit 60 Day Extension, which might mean no need for Retirement Visa, if back working in Europe. 

Two separate ImmO have said NO to 2nd Family Extn. at different times …..Definitely Not ! So PLV response will be interesting…..

Agent Required in my case as I Refuse On Principle to comply with the 800k rule (plus all the other bank status, insurance  & “seasoning” bs). Hearsay 800k going up soon to 1.2 million ??

Other way to get Phuket Stamps is with Longstay 12 month ED Visa/ Extn. which  I did earlier (after getting misled about Retirement Visa). But only 12 months total, around same price as Retirement & not suitable for long stays outside Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

I think you should read this topic in Phuket forum.
Several agents are recommended there.

Originally, I got NON-Immi visa from Penang, Malaysia.
And then, I live in Phuket for several years with 1 year extension as retirement.
I do not use agent. I do extension by myself.

1) Prepare documents.
2) Go to Phuket immigration office and submit passport and other documents.
3) Pay THB 1900 and get receipt.
4) Next working day, receive pass port with new stamp of 1 year.

We do not have to leave Thai. All can be done in Phuket.
For extension, re-entry permit is not required.
Of course, If you leave Thai, you should get re-entry permit.
Extension is for 1 year, not 6 month.

In case you entered into Thai without visa or with tourist visa,
first you should convert your category of permission to stay from tourist to retirement.

Agent can do these and reporting for you with certain fee.

Previous January Post a Great “ Catch” thanks XD1! Now got PLV & TMT from that post. Competition. Already had discussions before post with PLV. Refer earlier post just now for status if interested and want to further contribute. ????????

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Already Have an Excellent Highly  Recommended Lawyer / Agent, 

Phuket Law & Visa, advised here by Red Army referral to January post !
As was TMT Visa.

I would stay clear of PLV. Although this was several years ago, I have two personal friends that ended up with months of overstay using them. Just endless promises that "your visa will be ready soon". Never happened. According to this review which is recent, it tells a similar story: https://www.phuket.net/directory/profile/phuket-visa-law-office-limited-partnership/phuket

I'm not saying this happens to everyone. I also know a guy that's used them for years without problems. But its risky.

I can vouch for TMT. I have used them in the past and so has several of my friends. Never heard of any problems.

Phuket agents tend to be more expensive though than BKK or Pattaya for a retirement visa..

I would check with TVC. You will need to ship your passport to BKK. But in my experience they are very professional with updates along the process. Delivered 3+12 months Non-O + extension in about 3 weeks in my case.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MajorTom said:

I would stay clear of PLV. Although this was several years ago, I have two personal friends that ended up with months of overstay using them. Just endless promises that "your visa will be ready soon". Never happened. According to this review which is recent, it tells a similar story: https://www.phuket.net/directory/profile/phuket-visa-law-office-limited-partnership/phuket

I'm not saying this happens to everyone. I also know a guy that's used them for years without problems. But its risky.

I can vouch for TMT. I have used them in the past and so has several of my friends. Never heard of any problems.

Phuket agents tend to be more expensive though than BKK or Pattaya for a retirement visa..

I would check with TVC. You will need to ship your passport to BKK. But in my experience they are very professional with updates along the process. Delivered 3+12 months Non-O + extension in about 3 weeks in my case.

Christ ! Absolute Horror Show. ????????Never heard ANYTHING like this before ! Extreme sensitivity letting my passport out. One reason I started this topic … need to have ABSOLUTE Confidence with this critical transaction ….

PVL perfect for seven years … then THIS ! Can’t use them now ! On my way to TMT to enquire and will likely go with them now ! Thanks So Much.

On 4/2/2022 at 3:09 PM, DrJack54 said:

OP, bit confused.

You mention 

Not sure what that means.

Agent cannot obtain a non O-A.

Did you enter Thailand with a non O-A you obtained in your own country?.

As for extensions being done in Phuket by agent.......I'm not aware of any that would have stamping in Phuket.

Perhaps try Phuket forum..

apologies for the misleading post  “OA” term that I got from Embassy Visa Table which specified “over 50 Retirement” Visa. That table had “O” retirement visa without age so assumed “O” was under 50. Over Thinking. ☹️

You advised in-country immo. visa issue 50+ is not OA but “O” ?  these terms actually unimportant to me compared to outcome is my point here but didn’t make that clear. Realize you were trying to help so thanks????

On 4/3/2022 at 1:54 PM, skatewash said:

I knew a guy who was so impressed with his agent she "only worked for 15 minutes and cost ONLY 25000" to prepare his retirement extension.  Then I explained that that translated to $3000 USD per hour. I told him I did my paperwork myself for 1900 baht. He still thought he got a great deal.  "Only 15 minutes!". Some guys....

Edited by LikeItHot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

No problem.

It doesn't help that Thai immigration uses the term retirement visa.

Also every extension is referred to by them as a Visa.

BTW in other part of your thread you were hoping that agent could possibly obtain another 60 day extension "to visit family".

That would not be possible as it's one extension per entry. Even agent can't obtain.

Good luck with the non O based on retirement and 12 month extension with reliable agent.

I don't know any in Phuket but sounds like you have some contacts..

Also be aware that for folk who don't wish to keep money in a Thai Bank a non O-A is a good option.

It provides up to 2 year stay.

Must be obtained in home country and has few extra requirements such as police check etc.

Useful for those that visit home country every couple of years and just obtain new one. 

Thanks Jack. Yeah did that Embassy OA once years ago in London. Estimated 40 man hours work … accepted in ten seconds ! 

Yes, Two IO & Two Agents said firmly NO to 2nd Family Extension.

Not to argue further BUT these “extensions of stay “ ARE “Visas” as Immigration Profession Worldwide  & Dictionary Definition ( “ permission to enter or stay”)  But I DO understand the importance of the distinction ! 

Now to close out this Topic ( Everyone!) I am going with the 12 month non- extendable in- country Retirement VISA from the strongly forum - recommended TMT Visa ( Patong) at 22k baht. All Reporting & Multiple RE-Entry Permit for the 12 months , extra total 6k. No Financials. One Week Process. Phuket Registered Address. Non- Phuket Stamps. 

Other recommended agent PVL wanted 20k baht for 3 month RVisa PLUS 30k for 12 month Extension. AT SAME TIME, When Not Required. Same Above TMT Basis. No Phuket Address. Reporting No Extra Cost. MREP at Cost. PVL Horror Story Here Noted too ????

Many Thanks to All Responders Here. ????????

12 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

Not to argue further BUT these “extensions of stay “ ARE “Visas” as Immigration Profession Worldwide  & Dictionary Definition ( “ permission to enter or stay”)  But I DO understand the importance of the distinction !

Can't let it slide.

There are visas that are valid for eg a year from issue.

Non O-A and ME Non O marriage also one year validity.

The non O based on retirement is a visa that provides a 90day permission of stay.

Prior to expiry of the POS you can obtain an extension.

Note...the visa is not extended.

It's done.

Your permission of stay can be extended. 

Forget the "worldwide" reference.

This is not being pedantic.

It's an important difference to understanding visas, extensions etc. 

Extension of stay is NOT a visa. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, TropicalGuy said:

I am going with the 12 month non- extendable in- country Retirement VISA from the strongly forum - recommended TMT Visa ( Patong) at 22k baht.

Glad TMT sorted you out mate - The TMT staff are very friendly & efficient.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Can't let it slide.

There are visas that are valid for eg a year from issue.

Non O-A and ME Non O marriage also one year validity.

The non O based on retirement is a visa that provides a 90day permission of stay.

Prior to expiry of the POS you can obtain an extension.

Note...the visa is not extended.

It's done.

Your permission of stay can be extended. 

Forget the "worldwide" reference.

This is not being pedantic.

It's an important difference to understanding visas, extensions etc. 

Extension of stay is NOT a visa. 

visa

noun
  1. an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.
  • Haha 1

Some people think there are two kinds of people in the world::  lumpers and splitters.

Lumpers like to focus on what things have in common, while splitters like to focus on what makes things different.

If you're a lumper anything relating to an endorsement in a passport that allows one to enter, leave, or stay in a country for a specified period of time could be called a visa.   The neat thing with this is that you only have to remember one word:  visa.  Everything is a visa,  Of course, visas are not all the same, but we can use one word and cover the whole waterfront.

If you're a splitter you recognize that there are significant differences between visas. 

Some visas can only be obtained outside of the country at embassies or consulates from the ministry of foreign affairs.  These visas allow one to enter the country and get a permission to stay in the country for a specified period of time.  These visas are good during their period of validity.  They only allow one to enter a country during that period of validity.

Other visas are purchased from the immigration offices in the country from the Royal Thai Police division that handles immigration matters.  These visas don't allow you to enter the country which makes sense because you're already in the country.  What these visas do is allow you to stay in the country by granting to you permission to stay in the country for a specified period of time.   If you want to leave the country you need to purchase another visa that is sold by the immigration offices that allows you to re-enter the country and resume your current permission to stay.

Now, splitters when they see a situation like this have a strong desire to call these two different kinds of visas by two different names.  Lets call the first category "visas."  Let's call the second category "extensions of stay."

If you're talking to a splitter and they say they have a visa you know they have something that was obtained outside the country, that has a validity period, and that when you enter the country with one results in you being given a certain permission to stay.  If the splitter says that they instead have an extension of stay, you know they have something that was obtained within the country, that comes with a permission of stay, and that if you leave the country with another kind of visa (which splitters will call a "re-entry permit") you will be allowed to re-enter the country and resume your existing permission to stay.

Both lumpers and splitters exist in the world.  However, if you are trying to get an accurate answer to a specific immigration related question you are going to find it easier to use the terms of art used by the splitters rather than the all-inclusive term favored by the lumpers.  Or you can just use the general term "visa' and then spend some time getting everyone to understand what sort of "visa" you are talking about.  The choice is up to you.  But I suspect you will find that the people answering your questions will tend to use the different names "visas" have when describing how you can do what you want to do in precise and unambiguous terms.  I hope that would be an understandable tendency.  The alternative is to give answers that may or may not fit the questioner's situation, may in fact be the wrong answer, because of misunderstanding what the questioner has in his passport.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, skatewash said:

Some people think there are two kinds of people in the world::  lumpers and splitters.

Lumpers like to focus on what things have in common, while splitters like to focus on what makes things different.

If you're a lumper anything relating to an endorsement in a passport that allows one to enter, leave, or stay in a country for a specified period of time could be called a visa.   The neat thing with this is that you only have to remember one word:  visa.  Everything is a visa,  Of course, visas are not all the same, but we can use one word and cover the whole waterfront.

If you're a splitter you recognize that there are significant differences between visas. 

Some visas can only be obtained outside of the country at embassies or consulates from the ministry of foreign affairs.  These visas allow one to enter the country and get a permission to stay in the country for a specified period of time.  These visas are good during their period of validity.  They only allow one to enter a country during that period of validity.

Other visas are purchased from the immigration offices in the country from the Royal Thai Police division that handles immigration matters.  These visas don't allow you to enter the country which makes sense because you're already in the country.  What these visas do is allow you to stay in the country by granting to you permission to stay in the country for a specified period of time.   If you want to leave the country you need to purchase another visa that is sold by the immigration offices that allows you to re-enter the country and resume your current permission to stay.

Now, splitters when they see a situation like this have a strong desire to call these two different kinds of visas by two different names.  Lets call the first category "visas."  Let's call the second category "extensions of stay."

If you're talking to a splitter and they say they have a visa you know they have something that was obtained outside the country, that has a validity period, and that when you enter the country with one results in you being given a certain permission to stay.  If the splitter says that they instead have an extension of stay, you know they have something that was obtained within the country, that comes with a permission of stay, and that if you leave the country with another kind of visa (which splitters will call a "re-entry permit") you will be allowed to re-enter the country and resume your existing permission to stay.

Both lumpers and splitters exist in the world.  However, if you are trying to get an accurate answer to a specific immigration related question you are going to find it easier to use the terms of art used by the splitters rather than the all-inclusive term favored by the lumpers.  Or you can just use the general term "visa' and then spend some time getting everyone to understand what sort of "visa" you are talking about.  The choice is up to you.  But I suspect you will find that the people answering your questions will tend to use the different names "visas" have when describing how you can do what you want to do in precise and unambiguous terms.  I hope that would be an understandable tendency.  The alternative is to give answers that may or may not fit the questioner's situation, may in fact be the wrong answer, because of misunderstanding what the questioner has in his passport.

Definition & Immigration Use of Term VISA is clearly what it is and cannot be reasonably disputed. 

It’s not possible to be “lumping” anything to do with Visas. ALL has to be “ split” divided broken -down into purpose , function & requirements.

Won’t be told that an extension of stay is “Not a Visa”. Definition & Immigration Everywhere says It Is.

Then from same types, who beat you down with “ experience”, I have heard “an extension of stay is NOT a visa extension ”. Yes IT IS. Why Not ? What Else would it be Extending?!

Unfortunately, Thailand does NOT have a SINGLE  Govt. Website that clearly explains ALL about their numerous & flexible Visas / Extns. 

Instead there are multiple official & unofficial websites and ubiquitous Agents, all giving incomplete, differing and often confusing explanations. Even MFA and GOV embassy websites differ on “Retirement” Visas. 

All RHETORICAL guys.
No Response Required.  Thanks.

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Monty Python splitters sketch. Priceless.

Not so sure works with vague questions on AseanNow..

“Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things” MP Sketch might apply though ???????? or “ Ministry of Silly Visa Explanations” perhaps ????

8 hours ago, TropicalGuy said:

Then from same types, who beat you down with “ experience”, I have heard “an extension of stay is NOT a visa extension ”. Yes IT IS. Why Not ? What Else would it be Extending

Please stop as your statements are incorrect.

Most posters cut slack and do not pick folk up on incorrect terms, however for some reason you continue.

Visas cannot be extended PERIOD.

Your thread concerns a non O visa  based on retirement. 

That is a single entry visa (can be obtained inside Thailand from tv or visa exempt entry)

The permission of stay granted from that visa can be extended.

Those extensions can be ongoing.

Here is a pic of a non O based on retirement.

You will notice the word "used".

Your stamp obtained inside Thailand will look different but still the same. 

IMG_20220404_234409_666~2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1