Wang Yi: China is ready to boost all-round cooperation with Thailand

webfact

Soon the falang will get a social score like china.

type in English….minus 10

buy alcohol….minus 10 million 

bank account frozen….impossible to travel.   

this is not your country!!   Hahahaha.

falang…….one suitcase, boarding ticket always ready!  

• Haha 2

Sounds logical, most of the trade is with ASEAN and North East Asia anyway.

I was 2 days ago in Global House and it seems 95% of the white goods there were from China, Japan, South Korea and Turkey.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/cp/biggest-trade-partner-of-each-country-1960-2020/

China needs richer ASEAN in order to shift more trade to countries not involved in "containments".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RandiRona said:

RCEP is a another trap like Belt and Road.

It would only work for regional rich countries to dump their junk...tax free...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_Comprehensive_Economic_Partnership

Human rights groups said RCEP could negatively affect small farmers, lead to more land conflicts, and make workers in poorer nations worse off. Rashmi Banga, a senior economist at UNCTAD, said that implementing RCEP at a time of crisis will make poorer nations in Southeast Asia even more vulnerable, adding, "Most Asean nations will see rising imports and declining exports. That will worsen their balance of trade and weaken their fiscal position."[35]

Which countries are in RCEP  ?   

Australia and New Zealand are among the 15 countries of RCEP. 

Are you saying  Australia and New Zealand in "another trap .........."  ? 

Notice  you had self-contradict times and again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sscc said:

Which countries are in RCEP  ?   

Australia and New Zealand are among the 15 countries of RCEP. 

Are you saying  Australia and New Zealand in "another trap .........."  ? 

Notice  you had self-contradict times and again. 

Read my post again, focus on 'rich countries' , Australia and NZ are rich. It's useful for them but not for smaller developing countries. Btw. Thanks for reading my posts, because I dont even read mine. Enjoy your  day!!

It would only work for regional rich countries to dump their junk...tax free

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Yeah, but whish one is the alien ? 

th?id=OIP.peyVZLdaV7HF3IZ34jkOhwHaF1&pid=Api&P=0&w=237&h=186

I just hope that Chinese finger didn’t have the newest Covid variant.  We’ve already had enough “gifts” from big brother.

• Like 1

While courting China to increase investment in Thailand may seem like a good idea in the short term, it may not be the case in the medium to long term

Although the inward investment to Thailand from China is growing, the largest investor is still Japan (2021 figures), and any increase in Chinese investment may not be a net gain as it may displace or replace some Japanese investments due to the global political situation if Japan feels that Thailand is becoming too China-centric.

We are increasingly living in a bipolar world, especially in regard to security, divided between the "western countries (Including Australia, New Zealand, Japan and S. Korea), and the Sino-Russian bloc.

The outcome of the war in Ukraine may be a catalyst for this division to increase and informal sanctions on Chinese companies are already starting to happen - I know of some European companies who now are not allowed to trade with China or any entity trading with China now - and Thailand could be seen as a gateway for Chinese (and through them Russian) products to evade western sanctions.

The main beneficiary of this in the ASEAN region now seems to be Philippines and many tech companies from Hong Kong are now relocating there in preference to other ASEAN countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yeah, but whish one is the alien ? 

th?id=OIP.peyVZLdaV7HF3IZ34jkOhwHaF1&pid=Api&P=0&w=237&h=186

Reminds me of the Chinese finger trap puzzle. The more you fight the harder it is to get out of it.

A warning for the world.

• Like 2

Stagnant diplomacy on the part of the US and Europe. Don't blame the Chinese. It was the US that came in bragging about how "you don't need to choose" to get their stuff. The Chinese always make it conditional to choose when getting their stuff. So the Thais do the logical thing. Take the no strings freebies from the US and then go sit in China's lap. No repercussions from the US after all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pegman said:

It's happening already. The American Empire is fading and the Chinese are becoming more dominant by the year.. 

America took it's eye off the ball by spending it's time fighting in the middle east instead of spending that money sewing up the far east.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, pegman said:

It's happening already. The American Empire is fading and the Chinese are becoming more dominant by the year.. 

Best get your Mandarin linguistic studies in order. 

• Haha 1

I don't know why some readers get so upset or cheerful. This piece of news is from the CCP's mouthpiece to boost their own image. It is an informal or routine visit by Thai D. PM and no agreement has been signed. And no other things have been discussed or treaty being suggested even. The location is thousands kilometres away from Beijing (hence not official visit). I suspect this visit has something to do with the submarine without the German engines. Yet the Chinese state propaganda turned the story to focus on what Wang said about 'let us make friends and work together' thing [translate: I am sorry pal, I can't keep my promise, but let us keep our friendship. We can find common ground in other things like the useless trade group. Come on Pal, let us play sword fight to make up. You might feel better afterwards. ][*** if you don't know what is sword fight, ask your grandpa or great grandpa***]. Somehow some poster wet their pants (sorry if it causes offense but I did not really mean someone wet their pants, it is just English language thing, in case someone here not familiar with the impression and report my post) for whatever reason I can only guessing. Chill out everyone. Wait for Thailand's media to report this meeting. If Thai media kept quiet or not saying the same thing CCP was preaching, it would 100% about the submarine.   

Edited by ChC1

10 hours ago, SatEng said:

While courting China to increase investment in Thailand may seem like a good idea in the short term, it may not be the case in the medium to long term

Although the inward investment to Thailand from China is growing, the largest investor is still Japan (2021 figures), and any increase in Chinese investment may not be a net gain as it may displace or replace some Japanese investments due to the global political situation if Japan feels that Thailand is becoming too China-centric.

Let me address your first paragraph only rather than spending time and digging into geopolitics. 

Whether it is about tourism or trade,  Thailand do not give a damn if the incoming money is Japan Yen or Australia dollar or China RMB  or Korea Won or India Rupee or UK pound ....................   

Color of the banknotes or Nation of the incoming money do not matter at all to the Thai,  just the more and the higher the figure,  the better.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In reference to the Basic 

RCEP :  Total countries joined 15  ///  Initiated by ASEAN  ////  Signed Nov 2020 and Started Jan 2022  ( Full name is Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership )  

BRI  :   Total countries joined over 135  ///  Initiated by China ///  Started 2013/2014

( Full name is Belt and Road Initiatives )

B3W   :  Total countries joined 7  ///  Initiated by USA  ///   Started  2021  ///  Figures as high as USD 40 trillion   

( Full name is  Building Back Better World ) 

Thailand had signed on 2  of the above  ---   RCEP and BRI 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1