Non O Retirement 90 Day Jomtien

Hi folks

What are my chances of getting a Non O 90 day visa based on retirement at Jomtien.

Arriving next week visa exempt, have 800k in bank, staying in hotel for a week or 2 then travelling around.

Also will immigration issue a residency certificate to renew drivers licenses?

Edited by thapsak
exempt
  • Haha 1

You can apply for a non-o visa based upon retirement at Jomtien. You will not get the visa stamp for about 2 weeks after the day you apply for it since it has to be sent to the division level of immigration for approval.

Requirements for the non-o application is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

You will have to apply for the one year extension at Jomtien during the last 30 days of the 90 days stay the visa allows if you apply for it there.

Jomtien should do a certificate of residency after you apply for the non-o visa.

• Like 2

tossing up on the 12 months ext.

only need 3 months this trip before back to Aust.

my passport expires June 2023 so would have to transfer stamps

will be back in October for longer term stay so maybe better to do then

8 minutes ago, thapsak said:

tossing up on the 12 months ext.

only need 3 months this trip before back to Aust.

my passport expires June 2023 so would have to transfer stamps

will be back in October for longer term stay so maybe better to do then

Either or...

I asked as you would need to obtain extension Pattaya.

Possibly not nice if you opt to travel. 

BTW stamp transfer is a minor thing however needs to be done where stamps were issued. 

thanks for the info DrJack

trying to keep it as simple as possible .. always welcome an excuse to visit Pattaya  ????

best would've been a 60 TR visa (with extension) but I couldn't wait for postage to and from Canberra with Easter holidays.

7 minutes ago, thapsak said:

thanks for the info DrJack

trying to keep it as simple as possible .. always welcome an excuse to visit Pattaya  ????

best would've been a 60 TR visa (with extension) but I couldn't wait for postage to and from Canberra with Easter holidays.

Thinking by the time you arrive with visa exempt you could obtain 30 day extension and by then hopefully some land borders open..

Really depends on length of stay this upcoming visit.

Folk tell me that Pattaya getting back to semi normal.

Plenty of live music etc.

Enjoy..

1 minute ago, thapsak said:

will assess options for 90 days on arrival

great news after 2 years away ..

thanks for your help

It's been sad look since you saw it last.

We stay Soi 7-9 area.

All the bars shut. 

Some for good. 

However now good enough to come to Thailand.

Not long ago I was typing that anyone coming to Thailand was straight up Crazy..

Not the case now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, thapsak said:

trying to keep it as simple as possible .. always welcome an excuse to visit Pattaya

If arriving next week you may be able to apply for a 30 day extension of your visa exempt entry early and be able to apply for 60 day covid 19 extension on or before May 24th.

That might even do the 60 day extension without doing the 30 day extension.

9 hours ago, thapsak said:

not sure how I would qualify for covid extension ..  Aust. is open for business

Your home country being closed is not a requirement to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

I just got back from Immigration (Hua Hin).  I applied for my first Non-O retirement visa and was expecting a 1 year stamp.  I received a 90 day stamp.  I was not happy in the office (though I didn't show it).  Thought there was a screw up somewhere.  Looks like it was a failure on my part to understand the process correctly.

Just to confirm, is receiving a 90 day Non-O Retirement visa normal for the first application (prior I was visa exempt with two COVID extensions)?

At what point can I apply for the extension?  The immigration officer said something about 30 days, but is it no later than or no sooner than the current 90 day visa expiration date?

Do I have to go through the whole paperwork process again to apply for the 1 year extension?  Bank statements, copy of rental agreement, map, etc?  The whole shebang?

Thanks in advance...

10 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Just to confirm, is receiving a 90 day Non-O Retirement visa normal for the first application (prior I was visa exempt with two COVID extensions)?

That is the normal process. A non-o visa is required to apply for a extension of stay.

At what point can I apply for the extension?  The immigration officer said something about 30 days, but is it no later than or no sooner than the current 90 day visa expiration date?

You can apply for the one year extension at any time during the last 30 days of the 90 day stay allowed by the visa. The 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply

Do I have to go through the whole paperwork process again to apply for the 1 year extension?  Bank statements, copy of rental agreement, map, etc?  The whole shebang?

Yes

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Update:  I arrived visa exempt in April and later obtained a 30 day extension.  Today I got the 60 day covid extension.  This will give me nearly 120 days all up in Thailand and then I will leave.

Question: Do I need to do a 90 day report even though I was in the immigration office today?  (I forgot to ask them)

• Like 1