Shopee - How do I pay Cash on Delivery ( COD )

tomgreen

I have just opened a Shopee account using the browser on my desktop computer . I want to purchase an accessory ( its not listed on Lazada ) for my mobile phone.

I have put the item into my Shopee cart and want to pay by COD .

But I cannot see any option to pay for the item by Cash On Delivery .

Can any one please tell me How I can pay COD using my Shopee account on my desk top computer .

Thanks 

Shopee1.jpg

If a COD facility is not offered, you cannot pay COD.   

Why not just pay for it up front, there's no particular advantage to COD except if you're using a service that has a reputation for not delivering, something that Shopee isn't known for.  You've still got to pay before you can take possession of the item if it's sent COD.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Simple Jack said:

Iv'e used COD exclusively. Hundreds of orders. Never had a problem Tom.

Thanks Jack

Ive just installed the Shopee Android app on my phone , and still can't s a pay by COD option ????

I used my devbit/credit card exclusively. Hundreds of orders. Never had a problem.

And that's in more than 20 years now!

Neither with SHOPEE nor with LAZADA or ALIEXPRESS!

Goods not in order. With LAZADA in the 7/11 or with the Family Mart deliver (Free of charge) and done!

The money comes back automatically on the card account !

OK...Takes already times one month ????

Richard

8 minutes ago, Daffy D said:

Isn't COD the default option?

I haven't used Shopee for some time but seem to remember that COD was the option unless you chose a different payment method.

Click the buy now button and see what happens. :smile:

Thanks I did not think of Buy now , gave it a go and still no COD option

cart1.jpg

Just now, teacherofwoe said:

The shop you're trying to order from doesn't accept cash on delivery for what ever reason. Try looking at other shops selling the same product.

I can only find this product ( camera lens glass cover ) only on one seller on Shopee , nothing on Lazada .

I'm going to look at ebay 

Just now, tomgreen said:

I can only find this product ( camera lens glass cover ) only on one seller on Shopee , nothing on Lazada .

I'm going to look at ebay 

OK, so if that's the only seller and you're not prepared to pay up front then you're screwed. 

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Is counter service not offered; Lotus, 7-11, bank branch.  I've paid that way many times.

Thanks 

I never knew about Lotus / 7-11 option I'm going to check it out ????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reposed said:

I agree with the OP.

I buy everything on Lazada COD. If the seller does not offer COD, I don't need their product.

Good for you, I've never used COD when buying from Lazada or Shopee and have never had any problems that would make me regret paying by card.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:
4 hours ago, Reposed said:

I agree with the OP.

I buy everything on Lazada COD. If the seller does not offer COD, I don't need their product.

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Good for you, I've never used COD when buying from Lazada or Shopee and have never had any problems that would make me regret paying by card.

Likewise. I do not understand why people get so paranoic about using bank cards for online shopping. I've paying for goods and services by this method for as long as there's been such a service and never once have I had any issues.

It is far more secure than paying 'over the counter' by card and yet people seem to be quite happy with that method.

• Like 1

stay away from  shoppee.

it is full of scams.

they constsntly monitoring lazada and other sites, and publish a bit lower prices,

but when you come to buy it there is allways a small problem, because they cannot

really sell it cheaper, just want to waste your time.

i found there many premium smartphones which are acctually copies, not genuine, but it

is not clearly advertised. same can be found also on lazada, but there they give you a hint

that it is fake, shoppee , i guess you will find only after payment.

1 hour ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

stay away from  shoppee.

it is full of scams.

they constsntly monitoring lazada and other sites, and publish a bit lower prices,

but when you come to buy it there is allways a small problem, because they cannot

really sell it cheaper, just want to waste your time.

i found there many premium smartphones which are acctually copies, not genuine, but it

is not clearly advertised. same can be found also on lazada, but there they give you a hint

I've bought plenty from Shopee, and all authentic, since from 'authorized authentic vendors'.

Other items, lower cost, reviewed & cross checked info, and quite lucky with all but 1 purchase, which was promptly refunded.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Reposed said:
17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'd respect your post more if you had not prefaced it with those first three words revealing an immature sociopathy....

I'm sure that you can imagine how dreadful I feel without your "respect" and thank you for your unqualified diagnosis and insult that I am an "immature sociopath".   I take it that you're not quite familiar with the rules here?

15 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

And then the item can be returned for a refund.    There are just as many legitimate phone sellers that operate on Shopee.

21 hours ago, Reposed said:

I agree with the OP.

Same here and that's the big difference between Lazada and Shoppee. Lazada has 90% of the shops offering COD when Shoppee has 10%
About the card info, many online banks (I use Revolut) allows you to create one time virtual cards. As soon as you use it, it creates automatically a new one with new numbers. I wonder if some Thai banks are not proposing it. They are more pushing the wallets (forbidden for us, which means, you can't be refunded if you don't have a gf and declare the wallet under her name). 

Edited by Marsupienemi

56 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And then the item can be returned for a refund.    There are just as many legitimate phone sellers that operate on Shopee.

Lots of black hat techniques most from Chinese Shops are now more and more developped on Lazada : Selling a Phone/Tab/Computer under a Brand like Samsung, Huawei...but when you read carefully : Brand : No Brand and they are stating that it is made in the same factory.
Showing the picture of a product at a ridicule price : Actually in the options, they add a very cheap product and the main picture shows the expensive product but the price you can see is the one of the cheap one. In less than a month this technique is exploding. 
About copy, it's not diffucult, if the normal price is 20 000thb, the one at 1000 is a copy. I will be more worried in the case I want to buy the orignal one. 
And digging a bit and you will find really "funny" product, for using different drugs, or cutting it, I saw once a press to compact marijuana. But the best of the best are the notes ! They call it "collection" here, we call it money laundery in our countries ????????

• Confused 1