Covid 19 travel Insurance

adrianc

Hello Folks,

I will be coming to thailand in 3 weeks. I already booked everything ( plane ticket, TEST&GO package)  except the covid19 travel insurance.

In the official authority website (tp.consular.go.th), they recommend one of the these three insurances:  FWD ,  AXA,  SAY HI THAILAND.

The FWD has very attractive prices compared to the other two .   There are three plans with the FWD insurance.  The cheapeast one (PLAN A) has a 700 000 baht coverage if diagnoised with covid . (30 DAYS INSURANCE)

That amount exceeds the minimum requirement (20 000 usd) for applying for thai pass ...

So, I won't have any issues if I chose that plan insurance right? I am a little hesitant because it looks much cheaper compared to the other two insurances.   So, I wonder If I had misunderstood something ...

Does anyone of you ,folks, already purchased the FWD PLAN A travel insurance and had no issue with their thail travel pass?

Thank you 

Edited by adrianc

18 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Get the cheapest mate, none appear to pay out anyway unless you have to be admited to a real hospital. I got FWD for 2 months but people  seem to be ok with the 650 baht 30 day one

Thank you very much... Well, I will be staying exactly 30 days there and I'll need to make a RT-PCR or antigen test when I leave Thailand as required by my home country.

So, It would be really risky to get the 30 days insurance if by accident I am tested positive on departure from Thailand as I will no longer be insured starting from my last travel day.. So, I think i'll pay extra 350 BAHT and get the 2 months insurance, that way If iny of the bad scenarios happen, at least I am covered for extra time .

If I was going to stay for 2 weeks, than the 30 days plan would have been perfect.  

Edited by adrianc