Interior minister steps in in "one rule for the people one rule for them" Covid dispute

webfact

Why doesn't Thailand have public golf courses, like say Australia, where anybody is welcome for a very reasonable green fee? Or do they? The rich can then be left alone to their private clubs.

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Why doesn't Thailand have public golf courses, like say Australia, where anybody is welcome for a very reasonable green fee? Or do they? The rich can then be left alone to their private clubs.

Plenty of cheap golf courses in Thailand suitable for the massed minions.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, rbkk said:

The vast majority of courses in Thailand accept green fees. There are only a very few such as Alpine in Bangkok which are exclusive for members only. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Puritanical ‘anti-alcohol’ again....    What rules were broken ?

I have no mind about this one way or another but the article was commenting on the fact that the 'masses' followed the rules and the rich do not.

The event was back in January.

I thought that Chiang Mai (and most other places) had an alcohol ban back then.

Difficult to remember exact dates because then moved to state 'SHA plus' restaurants could sell alcohol, then it was bars could obtain restaurant licences etc etc.

I do agree with your Puritanical ‘anti-alcohol’ comment though. ???? cheers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's interior minister has stepped up inquiries into a party after a golf event in Chiang Mai broke Covid-19 alcohol rules.

As the police inquiry faltered Gen Anupong Paojinda decided it was important to get to the bottom of the party on January 22nd.

Too many influentials at the party to rock the boat.

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I have no mind about this one way or another but the article was commenting on the fact that the 'masses' followed the rules and the rich do not.

The event was back in January.

I thought that Chiang Mai (and most other places) had an alcohol ban back then.

Difficult to remember exact dates because then moved to state 'SHA plus' restaurants could sell alcohol, then it was bars could obtain restaurant licences etc etc.

I do agree with your Puritanical ‘anti-alcohol’ comment though. ???? cheers.

I have a feeling ( based on your 1st 4 words ) that you are a Scot ? Am I right or wrong ? ????

Edited by Golden Triangle